Author Topic: Working with filters...  (Read 4534 times)

alfaholic

Working with filters...
« on: March 04, 2019, 05:40:06 PM »
Hello everyone,

When I make some filter settings in YEM it does not work in Genos or PSR. For example I want to use LPF for snare drum, it perfectly works in YEM, but it does not translate in Genos, either for Style or Right.

Is there any logic behind this?

Offline jwyvern

Re: Working with filters...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »
Here's my version:
When you tweak voice settings in YEM it does the same  as setting the Voice Edit properties on Genos for example to produce so called User voices from the presets. (In this case the Snare might be regarded as a User YEM voice). When the voice nos. are loaded to Styles, the supplementary tweaks are ignored so you only hear the sounds and  modifications that were put in at element level.  It is possible to post edit Style voices in Mixer, so you might get the effect you want by setting Filter on the Snare in Mixer (Style TAB) .
I can't explain why the filter is not effective when the snare is used as a panel voice, as with any of my expansion voices that require tweaks I do this post YEM by making User YEM voices (not inside YEM) . Again you may be able to do this with the Snare and get the filter effects you want.

John

alfaholic

Re: Working with filters...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:19:10 PM »
Thanks. I just found out that only HPF and LPF works, but 6db per octave filters do not.
Still, HPF does not work the same, in YEM I can make resonance at 30hz but in keyboard it does not work.

As for editing in keyboard vs YEM, there is much more options in YEM so it is not possible to edit many things in keyboard, for example not possible to edit ADHSR fully, not possible to choose filters and tweak them, and much more.
Also I i making changes at element level so it should work.

EDIT:

When LPF is used (and this is default setting) voices and drum kits work the same in YEM and keyboard. Filter controls in mixer and style creator drum setup work as it should.
When HPF is used in voices it works the same in YEM and keyboard, but filter controls in mixer and style editor drum setup do not work.
When HPF is used in drum kits, it does not work the same in YEM and keyboard, while again filter controls in mixer and style creator drum setup do not work at all. The problem is filter frequency, in YEM the frequency is much lower.

Filter controls for mixer and drum setup do not work if HPF is used, only for LPF.
LPF 6db per octave, and HPF 6db per octave do not work at all.

Maybe logic is overrated...   :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:26:12 PM by alfaholic »