Author Topic: Right Aux In socket not working  (Read 2728 times)

Right Aux In socket not working
« on: March 03, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »

Maybe there is a Genos setting I'm missing, but I cannot get any sound from anything plugged into the right Aux In socket. The left socket works fine.

Any ideas would be most welcome
Genos, Montage 7, PSR EW-410 HS5's, mfc10
Former Keyboards: T1/2/3/5 & various Organs

Offline Toril S

Re: Right Aux In socket not working
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »
Try plugging the right cable inte the left socket and vice versa. That way you will see if it is the cable that is broken. Also be sure to put it all the way in.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:44 PM »
What are you trying to play through your Genos.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »
Maybe there is a Genos setting I'm missing, but I cannot get any sound from anything plugged into the right Aux In socket. The left socket works fine.

Do you have cables connected to both the Left and Right sockets?

If you are only using a single cable, it should be plugged into the Left (L/L+R) socket.

I suspect that unless you have a cable plugged into the Left socket, you won't hear any signal from the Right one (perhaps someone with a Genos could check this out).

Also note that the plugs on the cables should be Mono (TS), not Stereo (TRS)!

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 06:01:27 PM by tyrosaurus »

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It is now sorted, but I am not sure how, it might have been as simple as a restart after spending ages trying to sort it out.

My plan has been to output my Montage to the Genos Aux In (rather than direct to my Yamaha HS5 speakers), and then use the Genos speakers as well as my HS5's from the Genos Main Out's together for both. It's now working OK,  but I'm not sure how good the idea is.

The Genos satellite speakers are too loud and bright over the HS5's and there seems to be no way to balance volume levels that I can find?

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:47:56 PM »
The Genos satellite speakers are too loud and bright over the HS5's and there seems to be no way to balance volume levels that I can find?

As well as the 'Bass Volume' control on the front of the GNS-MS01 case, which you use to adjust the bass output from the sub woofer, there is a 'Main Volume' control on the rear of the case.   Can't you use this to balance the level of the satellites vs the HS5s?

Regards

Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »
Yes thanks, it does turn the sub down as well though, and although the HS5's are good, the sub does add something extra. Turning the satellites to face out sideways flattens the sound out to an extent, and it all seemed a good idea at the time, and worth a try, but ........