Author Topic: Creative programming of Live Controls to control iPad  (Read 1970 times)

Offline chony

Creative programming of Live Controls to control iPad
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
I’d like to use the Live Controls on my Genos to control parameters on my iPad. I’ve got the iPad hooked up and recognizing the CC numbers coming from the Genos and I’m able to reassign those CCs to any parameter I want on the iPad.

Problem is that I don’t want them to do anything on the Genos, but each of the CCs do change parameters on the Genos. I figured I’d just assign the faders and encoders to “Song Parts” on the Genos, but then discovered that Song Part parameters don’t have CC#s so that didn’t work.

Any ideas?

Bachus

Re: Creative programming of Live Controls to control iPad
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:39:15 AM »
I’d like to use the Live Controls on my Genos to control parameters on my iPad. I’ve got the iPad hooked up and recognizing the CC numbers coming from the Genos and I’m able to reassign those CCs to any parameter I want on the iPad.

Problem is that I don’t want them to do anything on the Genos, but each of the CCs do change parameters on the Genos. I figured I’d just assign the faders and encoders to “Song Parts” on the Genos, but then discovered that Song Part parameters don’t have CC#s so that didn’t work.

Any ideas?

Well, increated a setup registry for live controll that only sends on channel right 2.. i use  theis in combination with the empty voice...   it works quite well this way..  just use midi learn on the ipad apps...   

Midi implementation on the Genos still has quite a lot of restrictions.. espescially when compared to pro segment workstation/synths/stagepiano's.