Author Topic: Chord tracker and Genos  (Read 7300 times)

Offline guitpic1

Chord tracker and Genos
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:26:10 PM »
Does the Genos have a function(built in) similar to Yamaha's chord tracker?

Tx
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline soryt

Re: Chord tracker and Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:26:27 PM »
I use the Yamaha Chord tracker on the I-Pad , it works Great   ;D

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:39:44 PM »
Hi --

Chord Tracker communicates nicely with Genos, Tyros 5 and later model S-series PSRs. It can send a chord sequence to the arranger:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/chord-tracker-revealed/

So, building Chord Tracker into Genos isn't really necessary -- as long as you have an iPad.

If you've followed the new Yamaha Sonogenic, Chord Tracker is kind of essential to that product. The Sonogenic documentation refers equally to iOS and Android. I hope this means that Yamaha is preparing a version of Chord Tracker for Android.

Please, let's not start another long flame thread about lack of Android apps from Yamaha. If you want to vote for Android support, like this message or something. "The rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!"   ;D  ;D

Have a good weekend -- pj

Offline Mike W

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »
Thank you PJ. I’ve been using Chord Tracker for a while and didn’t realize I could send the info to Genos.  So much to experiment with this weekend....so little time....

And by the way, your summary write ups are excellent!

Offline frozzers

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »
For the record, Chord Tracker also works on an iPhone (iPhone 4s and later).

Chris

Offline frozzers

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 09:23:57 AM »
That's a great site of yours by the way PJ.

Chris

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »
Thanks Chris and Mike!

-- pj

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
If do have an iPad.  What cables do I need to hook it to Genos?
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »
If you want to go wired, then an Apple Camera Connection kit (AKA  Lightning-USB Camera Adapter) and a standard USB cable will do the job.

The Chord Tracker manual is in the downloads section of:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/chord_tracker/index.html

Chord Tracker will also connect over Bluetooth, but that assumes a Yamaha Bluetooth MIDI interface.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
It's also possible to connect from iPad to Genos over Wi-Fi.

Genos must be running in Access Point Mode, Genos reference Manual, page 143. (The default password is "00000000". This always fakes me out.)

Then, go to Settings on the iPad and connect to the Genos via Wi-Fi.

Finally, launch Chord Tracker and select Genos as your instrument.

All the best -- pj

Offline marrantz

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »
Just to add, not sure if anyone is aware that when using chord tracker over WiFi the audio form the song that is playing in the app will sound through Genos speakers.
Control the volume with the Wireless LAN volume slider in mixing console. Very. Clever I thought.

Regards
Steve

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline jugge

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »
Hi --

Chord Tracker communicates nicely with Genos, Tyros 5 and later model S-series PSRs. It can send a chord sequence to the arranger:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/chord-tracker-revealed/

So, building Chord Tracker into Genos isn't really necessary -- as long as you have an iPad.

If you've followed the new Yamaha Sonogenic, Chord Tracker is kind of essential to that product. The Sonogenic documentation refers equally to iOS and Android. I hope this means that Yamaha is preparing a version of Chord Tracker for Android.

Please, let's not start another long flame thread about lack of Android apps from Yamaha. If you want to vote for Android support, like this message or something. "The rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!"   ;D  ;D

Have a good weekend -- pj

Any news on the Android version? Would love to try this out, but I currently don't own any IOS devices.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline panos

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
I have proposed Markus to do a tutorial for the players that don't know how to display correctly the sheet music of a midi file on the screen and look his idea for letting the keyboard find the chords with just a midi cable and no other software.I don't have a midi cable yet to test it on my psr.

https://youtu.be/35lvuLmPNIQ

Offline pjd

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »
Any news on the Android version? Would love to try this out, but I currently don't own any IOS devices.

Hello Jorgen --

Yamaha promised Android support (Chord Tracker for Android?) when it announced the SHS-500 Sonogenic. USA retailers are claiming end of May availability for the Sonogenic, so maybe that means the Android version may drop then?

Yamaha released a bug fix update for the iOS version recently. Of course, that doesn't help Android users....  ;)

All the best -- pj

Offline panos

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
Today I bought a midi cable and tested on my psr s750 Olly Woo's suggestion to be able to add the chords to a midi file and yes it worked.  :)
The s750 auto detected the chords from the channel I have chosen.