Author Topic: Seening the Score on Audio files  (Read 2915 times)

gmizrahi

Seening the Score on Audio files
« on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:24 AM »
Not sure if this is right place to post this question. Is there a way to see the score of audio files (MP3, WAV)on the Genos?

Thanks,

Gabi

Offline Ed B

Re: Seening the Score on Audio files
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:59 AM »
Hi
No you can not see the score of an audio file on any device. However, you can use an app on an ipad to capture the chords
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/chord_tracker/features.html#product-tabs

Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

gmizrahi

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 03:58:09 AM »
Thanks Ed! that's what I thought. I can see the core when playing a MIDI song but not when I play and MP3 song. Let me ask this. Can you hear the voice of the performer in a MIDI song? Is there any way the Genos can show a score while listening the to a singer?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 05:03:51 AM »
Thanks Ed! that's what I thought. I can see the core when playing a MIDI song but not when I play and MP3 song. Let me ask this. Can you hear the voice of the performer in a MIDI song? Is there any way the Genos can show a score while listening the to a singer?

No and no.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:15:37 AM »
Well ... the only way to do this would be to play back an audio file recording of the singer at the same time as playing back a MIDI file with the music accompaniment. Then you could display the MIDI file score.

This is technically possible - in fact technically straightforward, it's just triggering the two playbacks at once. The (very) difficult bit is finding suitable audio recordings and MIDI files that are exactly in synch, unless you have made them yourself ...
Genos