Author Topic: on time vocal pitch corrrection?  (Read 9486 times)

ekurburski

on time vocal pitch corrrection?
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:29:03 AM »
Do we have access to real time pitch correction in any method on the 3000?

Roy_T

Re: on time vocal pitch corrrection?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:55:35 AM »
Earl

Yes !  See Pages 180 to 183 of the PSR-3000 manual for the various Vocal Harmony Parameters.  Turn on LEAD PITCH CORRECTION to the "Correct" setting.  Not being a singer, I have never used Vocal Harmony on my PSR-3000, so I can not tell you how well it works.  Maybe Gary or some of the others can give you some advice on that.  I do know that some (many/most/?) of them eventually opted for the TC Helicon Vocal Harmony unit because of its better performance characteristics, but that Vocal Harmony demo that Michel Vonken does on the PSR-2100 has always sounded pretty good to me.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:05:40 AM by Roy_T »

ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »
It appears that all adjustments to the vocal channel are made in the vocal harmony section.  I'm not sure as to how would I add reverb to just the bass in the auto background.  Or can I?  Even more, is there any way to separate out the individual parts for adding effects on an individual basis b4 hitting the pa?

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:10:25 PM »
OK I found it.  Went to page 180 and read the whole section and it's still confusing as all get out but now I know where the info is and I can study it in depth.  I will play with this some of ver the next few days and see if this might correct some of my pitchyness.

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »
Does pitch correction really work? - Good luck but I really doubt it.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 12:40:16 AM »
Does pitch correction really work? - Good luck but I really doubt it.

If vocal harmony works, pitch correction works.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ed B

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 03:02:55 AM »
Earl
Take a look at the tutorials:
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/vh/index.html
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

ekurburski

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 05:23:43 AM »
Just got done reading this section.  Learned a lot!  Now practice to learn how to use it all!

BTW, I had found this feature on my 740 years ago and forgot about it  Worked great then.  Here's hoping it will work great here as well.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:26:24 AM by ekurburski »

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »
I tried this out on my PSR3k years ago and thought it did nothing, but that might be because my need for pitch correction fell well outside the capabilities of any machine. I believe the more recent models have improved vocal harmonizing, so pitch correction might also be improved. Unfortunately my singing has probably got worse at a faster rate than they are improving.  >:(
Mike

ekurburski

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
Mike, I'm probably going to just continue practicing without and pitch correction and try to learn to sing better.  I was just trying to find an easy way out.  Might play with it a little just because its there and I do want to learn how to use as much of the keyboards op as possible. 

ekurburski

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
Well, it seems I'm going to solve this problem and a whole lot more.  I just purchased a  TC Helicon Perfomer VK used from Don Mason.  I noticed that despite everyone saying I didn't need pitch correction several of the pros here and at zynthzone had off board vocal harmonizers,  Now I know they do a lot more than just pitch correction but they appear to do all of there stuff easier and better than the onboard VH.  AS one user said the TC is a hundred times better than the built in system on The Yamaha.  I also figured that when I move up to a better KB I won't have to relearn the VH OP.

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 05:48:10 PM »
A lot of the pros do seem to love the Helicon. Not sure if it is really much better than the Genos, but when playing live I can see that a separate unit has some added convenience, because you don’t need to dive into the keyboard menu to set or change it.
 It would be interesting though to know how many of them if any use it for pitch correction when playing live.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
Looks like I have to take my words back! Glad you are satisfied with it!
Looking forward to hearing you and it! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ekurburski

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
Not sure what words you have to take back Toril.  But you can rest assured I will be doing some recording with it.  I think it's the most useful way to be sure I'm doing a good job with a tune (recording it).  I am trying to rebuild a book of tunes to perform and I will create a special website with my entire book on it.  That way prospective Booker's can hear what they would be getting.  Another reason I like the vh idea.  You can apply studio effects to your live performance.  With today's DAW's and plugins many groups produce killer cd's and show up with a horrible live sound.  I want to create top quality recordings of exactly what one would get from me in a live situation.  I also love the idea of submitting recordings here and getting  good, sound critique on what I'm doing.