Author Topic: Modifying sheet music stand  (Read 4492 times)

Bachus

Modifying sheet music stand
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »

When placing in a 2 key setup the Genos in the upper position at a 30 degrees angle, the sheetmusic keeps dropping of...  did anyone modify the sheetmusic stand to overcome this?

The angle has 2 advantages, the position of your arms feeels natural and more relaxed then a straight position.. and the screen is better visible, and comtrolls more reachable..

I own an external k&m  sheetmusic stand but its just to small compared to the one on the Genos which i would prefer to use...

Offline zionip

Re: Modifying sheet music stand
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 03:53:56 PM »
I stopped using the Genos music stand when I tilted the back of Genos up as the upper keyboard of V-Console.

I use a K&M 19790.516.55 Universal iPad/Tablet Holder with a length and angle adjustable microphone boom arm to hold an iPad Pro 12.9 for the purpose of displaying music sheets.

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »
I stopped using the Genos music stand when I tilted the back of Genos up as the upper keyboard of V-Console.

I use a K&M 19790.516.55 Universal iPad/Tablet Holder with a length and angle adjustable microphone boom arm to hold an iPad Pro 12.9 for the purpose of displaying music sheets.

Strange.. i banned all paper out of my life.... except sheet music...  i have so many books... its almost a pitty not to use them....

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:01 PM »
When placing in a 2 key setup the Genos in the upper position at a 30 degrees angle, the sheetmusic keeps dropping of...  did anyone modify the sheetmusic stand to overcome this? ......

Maybe buy a additional 'paperstand' and bend the lower 'legs' in an angle that fit the desired angle?
I seem to remember there was a thread where someone rebuild at an earlier model or brand. It was pictures and drawings too, but I cannot find the thread.
It could of course be at another forum as well......
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
Hi

I use a HP SLATE .This is a 20 inch android screen and perfect for reading music nearly A4 size. make a stand and it sitss just right at the back of Genos
They are really cheap if you can still get them
They are good for things like text  but not fast enough for film etc .
Great for music sheets and Mobile Sheets Pro has a companion which you can send PDF files to the android via win 10 or whatever.
Also a floor page turner would be the icing on the cake Recommend  AIRTURN.
All the best
John

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:01:10 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Bachus

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:15 AM »
Hi

I use a HP SLATE .This is a 20 inch android screen and perfect for reading music nearly A4 size.
Great for music sheets and Mobile Sheets Pro has a companion which you can send PDF files to the android via win 10 or whatever.
All the best
John

I have an Ipad PRo next to my stand..
But owning  hundreds of sheetmusic books (i collect them)
Makes me want to use them too

Maybe buy a additional 'paperstand' and bend the lower 'legs' in an angle that fit the desired angle?
I seem to remember there was a thread where someone rebuild at an earlier model or brand. It was pictures and drawings too, but I cannot find the thread.
It could of course be at another forum as well......

So paperstand is the English word?
Need to remember that

I talked to Rico (KeyBTyros on youtube) about this..
He was having the same problems..
He solved it by only putting the pins halfway in, making the stand lean backwards..
That works for him, tried it, but its still a little unbstable

I will be trying the same, and will be using a black painted piece of wood to give it support on the front side..
Hope this will work out for me..
I will keep you posted.. and show some pictures if it works..

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 09:21:45 AM »
Hi Bachus

I am tring to cut down music books as it  takes up bung loads of space and clutters the room up.
with all the free downloads etc now it is now good just to print off what you need.
The HP slate is perfect for reading and the airturn ,you could not ask for more.
My weakness though is collecting vinyl as i am into records still. they sound warmer than digital and you feel the presence more. Something that is lacking in today's music.

All the  :)best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

dman68

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 12:53:25 AM »
Hi

I use a HP SLATE .This is a 20 inch android screen and perfect for reading music nearly A4 size. make a stand and it sitss just right at the back of Genos
All the best
John

Nice set up John. Very neat looking  8)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »
Hi Dman
Big thanks for your comment
All the best
john :)