Author Topic: Pedal on S770  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Denn

Pedal on S770
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:21:53 AM »
Hello Fred, Last Christmas I downloaded the free Yamaha Christmas pack for my S770. Loaded it but did not think too much of it. Removed it and reinstalled my own organ pack. Went to my own registrations and found that the pedal settings were all over the place. No problem I thought, reload them from my USB backup. Different set of pedal settings on ALL the registrations. So, download my backup from Boxnet and load that. Again a different set of pedal settings again. I have tried with the tick in and out of the pedal box in the memory section and also the other one in the functions section. My resort now is to resave EVERY button on every registration so that I have pedal 2 as Volume for my FC7 and pedal 1 as step up for my FC5.
I have over 200 registrations! Sad. Any suggestions please?
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline overover

Re: Pedal on S770
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
... Last Christmas I downloaded the free Yamaha Christmas pack for my S770. Loaded it but did not think too much of it. Removed it and reinstalled my own organ pack. Went to my own registrations and found that the pedal settings were all over the place. No problem I thought, reload them from my USB backup. Different set of pedal settings on ALL the registrations. So, download my backup from Boxnet and load that. Again a different set of pedal settings again. I have tried with the tick in and out of the pedal box in the memory section and also the other one in the functions section. My resort now is to resave EVERY button on every registration so that I have pedal 2 as Volume for my FC7 and pedal 1 as step up for my FC5.
I have over 200 registrations! Sad. Any suggestions please? ...

Hi Denn,

Registrations can NOT change your Pedal settings permanently. When you switch on your S770, always the factory Pedal settings are active (Pedal 1: Sustain, Pedal 2: Super Art. 1). (For "Registration Sequence" function see below!)

In principle, you have two options: Either you work with one or more "Setup Registrations" to make your Pedal settings, OR you memorize the Pedal settings in EACH single Registration.

BUT your current problem "only" could be the following:

If you have Pedal 1 to "step up" your Registrations, please make sure that "Registration Sequence" function is switched ON and the correct settings are made there:

[FUNCTION] → TAB [E] MENU 1 → [C] REGIST SEQUENCE/FREEZE → TAB [E] REGISTRATION SEQUENCE ---> ON

REGIST + PEDAL ---> PEDAL 1
REGIST - PEDAL ---> OFF

P.S.
Please do NOT post the same question in multiple threads! That is very confusing for the users which want to help you. ONE posting per question (either in an existing thread OR as a new thread) is completely enough!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:02:00 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Denn

Re: Pedal on S770
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 12:20:55 AM »
Hello Chris, First,
Please do NOT post the same question in multiple threads!
Sorry about that, will be more careful in future. Thanks for the reply, will go through it ans try to really sort things out. Thanks again. Regards, Den.
Love knitting dolls