Author Topic: The Premium sounds. recommendations please  (Read 10099 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

The Premium sounds. recommendations please
« on: January 25, 2019, 04:57:59 PM »
I am finding a renewed interest in Classical music; my first exposure to music.
The other day I played a Classical piece by Bach, as a MIDI ( I forgot where I acquired the MIDI) on the T4... And I must say, the superior musicality of Bach, plus the programer plus the internal sounds of the T4 for Classical music... in this case strings... well, it made my day, and caused me to ask here

What sounds that are not native to an out of the box t4, should I be looking into?
I am particularly interested in
PIPE ORGANS  for Bach
And orchestra sounds

Suggestiions please, but preferably from those who own and like the premium sounds.

Secondly I am asking this question because I am changing hard drive with the help of a friend
If the premium ( or whatever other label Yamaha gives to their available sounds )
How much memory should I be looking at adding to t4?
I guess there is a max on a t4!
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Denn

Re: The Premium sounds. recommendations please
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:43:41 AM »
Hello Again, First, get the biggest memory that you can afford, it pays off in the long run. Then go to TTT (Total Transformation Tech) and check out with Reg Rawlins what they have. I have the theater organ voices and they are great for what I play. In the GM and XG section you will find church organ voices, Notre **** Cathedral organ etc. Mix that with some of the other on-board organ voices and you have some great sounds. I played with these for playing in church. Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »
Remember that for premium and expansion sounds, as sold by Yamaha, you need the flash expansion memory board. The new sample waves are stored on that, not on the disk.

Voice, style, and MIDI files are very small. You only really need to worry about disk size if you're going to be creating a lot of audio recordings.
Genos

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
Tyros 4 came with a 250Gb hard drive but don't confuse this with Flash Memory which is used for using Sampled sound packs. This comes in 1Gb or 2 Gb size.
  Audio recordings are stored on Hard Drive and TTT packs require Flash memory.

Offline Denn

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
Sorry, I should have clarified that about the memory. Your H/D stores things that you make, like your regs. The Flash memory is needed for the wave files which come with UVN voices, not to be confused with the Yamaha expansion packs which load somewhere else in the kbd, (don't know where that is - someone else will know but it does not matter) Hope that this helps. Regards,Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
Registrations ( which are SMALL ) are saved on a huge 250 gb HD drive!!!

then flash memory is WAVE files   so basically sounds not found on T4... eg you have to purchase these.... these Waves are tsunamis, so why would n't the biggest memory go there!!!

And  expansion packs which load in a third area/ drive!

Why is HD so huge, when registrations take little room?

What is the difference between flash memory and the undetermined ex pack memory
I guess they store different things ( animals ) ?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:59:42 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Online EileenL

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:01 PM »
You also can store your Audio files songs on the Hard Drive and they can be much larger than Midi files or styles.

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:23:16 AM »
Audio files!!!  How are they used? Where are they acquired?
Thank you

Offline Denn

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 12:09:12 AM »
Hello, You asked about Premium sounds and Audio files. Well here is an example from one of my CD's. Blackpool Tower Wurlitzer voices and playing "Your Cheating Heart". Play it right through. Massive wave files in that. Regards, Den.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love knitting dolls

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss, resoldie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 09:48:49 PM »
There is one pipe organ you can download from a French site called Cathedral Organ (there is also another with the same name which is very weak).
The pipe is like a tutti registration. It's really fabulous. I can't find a good flute pipe organ though. I wish I could get a hold of a Tyros 5 so I could sample all the organ pipes.

Offline justme

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 04:22:47 PM »
There is one pipe organ you can download from a French site called Cathedral Organ (there is also another with the same name which is very weak).
The pipe is like a tutti registration. It's really fabulous. I can't find a good flute pipe organ though. I wish I could get a hold of a Tyros 5 so I could sample all the organ pipes.

Hi Whisperdancer.

What is the web address for that Cathedral Organ site if you don't mind me asking?

Regards,

Cor
Tyros 4, Livello Freres Accordion, Korg MicroKorg, Violin, Hohner Claviola, Arturia Keylab MKII

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 10:40:01 PM »
@justme
Hi Cor,

if you are looking for Expansion Voices in .ppf format (Tyros5, Genos, PSR-Sx7x), you probably can find something on the German website "cms-sounddesign.de":

Organ Voices (the German word "Kirchenorgel" means "Church Organ" ;))
http://cms-sounddesign.de/page104.html

All freeware voices:
http://cms-sounddesign.de/page101.html

http://cms-sounddesign.de/page132.html

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline justme

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 03:59:17 PM »
@justme
Hi Cor,

if you are looking for Expansion Voices in .ppf format (Tyros5, Genos, PSR-Sx7x), you probably can find something on the German website "cms-sounddesign.de":

Organ Voices (the German word "Kirchenorgel" means "Church Organ" ;))
http://cms-sounddesign.de/page104.html

All freeware voices:
http://cms-sounddesign.de/page101.html

http://cms-sounddesign.de/page132.html

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you Chris. I have a Tyros 4 and I will look into those links.

Cor
Tyros 4, Livello Freres Accordion, Korg MicroKorg, Violin, Hohner Claviola, Arturia Keylab MKII

Online EileenL

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:57 PM »
If you have a Tyros 4 you will need UVN files as this keyboard dose not use YEM or FLASH memory. It uses Dimms Memory.

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 02:42:50 PM »
Hi Cor,

unfortunately, Tyros4 is NOT compatible to Expansion Manager (YEM). That also means Tyros4 is NOT compatible to Voices/Packs in .ppf format. At this time, there is NO way to convert .ppf packs to the Tyros4 Custom Voice format (.uvn/.uvd), regrettably. 

On Peter Schips' website "cms-sounddesign.de" you can find voices for YEM-compatible keyboard models only (Tyros5, Genos, PSR-Sx7x).

BUT there are also many Custom Voices in Tyros3/Tyros4 format (.uvn/.uvd) available on the web for free.

P.S.
Tyros4 has only 128 Slots to load Custom Normal Voices (plus 20 Slots for Custom Drum Voices), and the installed Expansion Memory is used for both Custom Voices AND Premium Voices (of Premium Packs, downloadable from Yamaha MusicSoft shop).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:47:25 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: fantomx2019

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 06:12:40 PM »
Hi Whisperdancer.

What is the web address for that Cathedral Organ site if you don't mind me asking?

Regards,

Cor

I can't remember... Send me a PM and your email and I will send you the file.

The following users thanked this post: fantomx2019

Offline fantomx2019

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 11:43:57 PM »

Tyros4 has only 128 Slots to load Custom Normal Voices (plus 20 Slots for Custom Drum Voices), and the installed Expansion Memory is used for both Custom Voices AND Premium Voices (of Premium Packs, downloadable from Yamaha MusicSoft shop).

Best regards,
Chris

So there is a way to create my own custom pack for tyros 4 and load it in Expansion memory without having to save them in custom Voice/drum memory?
😁