Author Topic: Include/store fade-out in a registration: any ideas?  (Read 6252 times)

Tonny

Include/store fade-out in a registration: any ideas?
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
I want to include a fade-out in a registration so that I can use it as part of a registration sequence to end my play. Just as you would when storing an ending (1, 2 or 3) in a registration. I have not found how to do it.  When I store a registration with the fade-in or fade-out button lighting, it will be switched off when I later recall the registration. So that does not work.  Any ideas?

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Include/store fade-out in a registration: any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »
You can't store Fade In or Out in a registration.

The best that you can do is to assign the function to one of the Assignable Buttons, or to the Rotary Sp/Assignable Buttons.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use your hands to press a button, you can assign it to a foot pedal.

Regards

Ian

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »
I have the same problem . . . . Fade in/out not saving to registrations. 

At least now i know that it cannot be saved to registrations.  However, i have assigned it to the F assignable button but it does not hold.    It only works for that one time when i assign it but not later.

I believe it has something to do with the checkmarks in the registrations that follow after the assignment.

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
I have the same problem . . . . Fade in/out not saving to registrations. 

At least now i know that it cannot be saved to registrations.  However, i have assigned it to the F assignable button but it does not hold.    It only works for that one time when i assign it but not later.

I believe it has something to do with the checkmarks in the registrations that follow after the assignment.

Your last paragraph is correct. You may be assigning Fade to a button, but your other registrations are unassigning it.

The way I do it is have my assignments in a setup registration which I load after a power on. Then every other registration does not have Assignable Buttons memorized.

It would be nice if Assignablr Buttons was in Parameter Lock, butfor now, it’s not.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »

The way I do it is have my assignments in a setup registration which I load after a power on. Then every other registration does not have Assignable Buttons memorized.

Fred

Thanks Fred.  Your solution is good. !!!

do you happen to know if a program like Murray's would analyze from 1 up to 10 buttons on each registration and uncheck the assignable check mark on each registration button ?

thanks in advance.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline pieterpan

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:32:15 PM »
Hi,

You can use MixMaster to make your style fade out (or in) - so  that it is stored in the style.

Regards <> Piet
Yamaha Tyros 4 - Yamaha KX 25 - Gem WSII module

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 12:08:41 AM »
Thanks Fred.  Your solution is good. !!!

do you happen to know if a program like Murray's would analyze from 1 up to 10 buttons on each registration and uncheck the assignable check mark on each registration button ?

Yes, it will.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons