Author Topic: Musicfinder  (Read 5218 times)

Offline mikf

Musicfinder
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:55:59 PM »
Although I have had my new CVP705 for more than a year, I went into the musicfinder for the first time this week only to find it had no records in it!
I see no point in downloading the usual Yamaha MFD with disguised titles. I see the list on the tutorial only goes to the CVP600 series. Does anyone have a corrected or expanded MFD that will work on my CVP705?
Mike

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Musicfinder
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
Yamaha stopped 'disguising' the song titles in their MFDs for recent MOTL/TOTL models years ago. For example the MFD that I downloaded from Yamaha back in 2011 for my Tyros4 was not disguised!

If you download the file for your '705 from Yamaha, you will see it has 1702 records, all of which show the correct song title!

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:05:26 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline tangothomas

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
On my CVP 605 I see 214 pages when I open Music Finder. On my CVP 709 I see 252 pages.
And as you know x 8 MFDs in each window/page. All with real names.

The files differ between the models and certain songs also. When you load the MFDs they use tailormade combinations for each instrument. Mostly good, sometimes not OK, and occationally terrible. So if you have the time and interest you can alter the styles to your liking.

It’s possible to load MFDs from 605 into 709 but they may use different instruments and settings.
It’s not possible to do the opposite - load 709s MFD files into the 605.

I dowloaded these files from Yamahas homepage after I bought the instruments and have modified a few of them.

I asked a question here a while ago if anyone had additional files for my CVPs, but got no answer.
I find this section a bit sleepy - unfortunately.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 10:05:48 PM »
Thanks Ian,
You cannot see the files until you load them so I did not know that they had updated titles. But I will now download the file from the Yamaha website  and load it into the CVP.
Have to say it seems odd that the MFD was not loaded into the instrument before shipping but I should be able to take care of it myself.
Thanks again.
Mike

Offline Bob Fowler

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 06:45:12 PM »
Could musicfinderview be used to convert mfd files between the 605 and 709?

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 06:59:58 PM »
Could musicfinderview be used to convert mfd files between the 605 and 709?

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, the current MusicFinderView version 3.2.0 does not yet support the CVP-709. You could set the CVP-609 as the Target Instrument when converting Music Finder files. These files should then also work on the CVP-709.

Presumably CVP-709 Music Finder files can also be converted for use with the CVP-605 if you set the latter as the Target Instrument.
>>> http://www.wierzba.homepage.t-online.de/musicfinderview/musicfinderviewmain.htm

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 07:05:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)