Author Topic: Modern Genos styles  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ugawoga

Modern Genos styles
« on: December 14, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »
Hi
I am noticing that the kicks on edm styles are on the same frequency as the bass and find that boomy.
I am not an EDM fan but one Style goes with what i want
As i am mixing you have to move one down in the eq to make space for the other and that brings some more clarity.
Another thing I am finding learning this mixing lark is that you cannot mess too much with stereo leads in cubase  as they are already mixed. Pehaps a little effect here and there. For Cubase and songs the vst instrument is better suited. It is hard getting the Genos up to a Vst standard for isnstant clarity.
Anyone agree with that as I am learning.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Re: Modern Genos styles
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:50 PM »
I too find the kick drum and toms to be WAY too loud in the Genos styles. Perhaps they sound fine with the Genos speakers but the minute you play through larger performance speakers, you kill people. Toward that end, I route the kick and toms to Sub 1, and then give it a separate channel on my mixer. That way, I can control the outputs on a song by song basis.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.