Author Topic: what patch cable to use with Genos/Bose L1 ?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Al Ram

what patch cable to use with Genos/Bose L1 ?
« on: December 12, 2018, 11:32:09 PM »
Hello friends.

Looking to buy a patch cable to connect Genos to Bose L1 compact.   Looking for 10-15 footer, but not sure what type/quality to buy.    (do not know much about cables).

I have seen some cables that seem too expensive, on the other hand i just got rid of a cheap cable that did not work and caused me a great deal of trouble/delay at a gig.   !!!

Your help/advise will be appreciated.  Link will be appreciated very much.

thanks

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:10:25 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Re: what patch cable to use with Genos/Bose L1 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »
You can use any 1/4 inch, unbalanced, quality cable. Personally, I use Planet Waves cables. I also insert a mixer between my Bose Compacts and the Genos. Hence, I use 1/4 inch to XLR (just like a mic cable but with a 1/4 inch plug on one end). The tips are gold plated. Cables are 25 feet long. The sound quality is amazing.

Not knowing where you live, I can't comment on what quality brands are available to you. I noted this in a post about a year ago, that there should be a field that displays the country where we live. The Nord forum does this and it's very helpful. For example, if you're in Europe, your options may be totally different than what we have available in Canada or the U.S. I live in Ontario, Canada and you would be surprised at how many American website vendors don't ship to Canada!! So, after you let us know where you are, perhaps some fellow country person can chime in.

Al, if you can afford two L1 Compacts, you'll hear a difference of day and night. Then, you'd need two cables :).

EDIT  Oops, just noticed you are in California! Sorry about that. My comment still stands. I would go with Planet Waves. They aren't cheap but they are guaranteed for life.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:31:02 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Al Ram

Re: what patch cable to use with Genos/Bose L1 ?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:08:38 PM »
Lee

thanks a lot for your prompt response.  I will look for the cable your recommended.   

I do use a mixer in between the Genos and the Bose Compact.     I also have two Bose compacts,  however, i rarely use both at the same time, only when it is a big room.    Mostly because of the load.   

Like you noticed, i am in San Diego, CA and usually shop on-line or the Guitar Center store, will try to find the Planer Waves brand name.

I hope you have a great day. 

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor