Author Topic: Impressed with Yamaha PSR S670 piano voice first play from the box  (Read 3229 times)

patrickm

I am a piano sound man than I can return a keyboard just because of only the piano voice. When I play, its 90% piano voice.I don't know maybe when I had my personal Yamaha PSR S950, my piano touch wasn't that good and my skill level because I returned the 950 back to vendor for a yamaha DGX650 arranger-piano 88 key. The S670 is  a new keyboard we bought at work and I was happy about the piano sound. I just played a dry piano sound without any editing. In my church we have S650 but what I got today from the 670 is amazing. It made me want to go back to arrangers especially the Genos which is 76 keyed close to the 88 DGX650 piano I have been using, which has a good bold piano voice but lacking in many arranger functionalities for one band man.Its true I developed a very good touch through my playing but i think what I felt today  is keyboard functionality and capability more than my touch and skill. What more can I get should I do some editing or changes in voice!

Good work to Yamaha. I used to complain about S series piano but today I am impressed and happy that I will rarely use other voices when playing than the piano voice which is my favourite one. Thanks to Yamaha.

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Impressed with Yamaha PSR S670 piano voice first play from the box
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
Hook up a Midi Controller Piano.

I was planning on Getting a Cheap 88 Keys Digital Piano.
Preference Weighted keys.   

You can use the 670 Voices using another low cost piano

Without having to pay a lot you got 88 Keys
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Re: Impressed with Yamaha PSR S670 piano voice first play from the box
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
Hook up a Midi Controller Piano.

I was planning on Getting a Cheap 88 Keys Digital Piano.
Preference Weighted keys.   

You can use the 670 Voices using another low cost piano

Without having to pay a lot you got 88 Keys

Could you recommend me a model please?

Offline Normanfernandez

Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6