Author Topic: Drum Beat---PSR 463  (Read 7152 times)

dman68

Drum Beat---PSR 463
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »
I have a newbie question about drum beat on the 463 but am unsure as to how to ask the question being that I am not sure of the terminology.  Hope it makes some sort of sense...…………………

How do you add a drum roll? when transitioning from the verse to chorus?

Thanks

SeaGtGruff

Re: Drum Beat---PSR 463
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 04:11:57 PM »
Are you playing the drums yourself using one of the drum kits, or are you talking about the drum track of a style?

I don't know about a style, because it will play what it's programmed to play.

But if you're playing the drums yourself, you could try using an arpeggio or harmony with it.

Every preset voice has a default arpeggio type preselected for it, but you can select a different arpeggio type if you wish.

Beware that many arpeggios use different notes, which works fine with melody voices (where playing each key produces a different pitch of a given instrument sound), but which does not work well with kit voices (where playing each key produces a different instrument sound).

There are a few arpeggios which play the same note, which works better with kit voices. Try Arpeggio 139 through Arpeggio 144 to see how they sound.

Or you can use a Harmony, such as Trill or Tremolo. You can select the type (length) of note to use, such as 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, etc.

You can also change the Tempo while the Arpeggio or Harmony is playing, such as if you want to speed up or slow down the drum roll.

dman68

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
Thanks Michael...……Playing with a style. I wish I knew more in order to explain it better. Not even sure it would be called a "roll".  Maybe a "fill" when changing tempo between the main tempo of the song to the chorus,  I 'm not sure. :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:38:10 PM by dman68 »

dman68

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0tZEgWFEPI  Hope this doesn't break forum rules but here's an example of what I mean.  At the 0:27, 0:40 and 1:05, 1:19 and 1:30 marks, The performer hits a button and the drum beat changes with a slight roll.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:48:57 PM by dman68 »

Offline Duurduur

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:03:33 PM »
I think that's called a "fill in".
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 02:26:09 AM »
On your Keyboard,
You see Main Variation A/ B

Hit it to change the between A / B

Another Tip is. 
Hit the button Twice,
To stay in the Same Variation.
That Drum Roll, Comes only when you hit that button. ( Fill in) 
Hope this helps.
Regards Norman!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

dman68

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 01:01:44 AM »
On your Keyboard,
You see Main Variation A/ B

Hit it to change the between A / B

Another Tip is. 
Hit the button Twice,
To stay in the Same Variation.
That Drum Roll, Comes only when you hit that button. ( Fill in) 
Hope this helps.
Regards Norman!

Thank you Norman, exactly what I was looking for!  :)  On the 463 it is labeled "Main/Fill".  Is this the correct button of which you referenced?

One thing I have failed to mention though is, the keyboard is a Christmas gift from my wife and she treats it with the idea that no gift can be opened until Christmas :P therefore i'm studying and researching every aspect and feature of the 463 that I can prior to setting up my new toy. ;D  68 and still treated like a child at Christmas but I still love her. :-*

Thank you ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:04:02 AM by dman68 »