Author Topic: Outputs question  (Read 3255 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Outputs question
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »
For live gigs:
MULTIPLE OUTPUTS OPTIONS:
I only use the two main outputs.. I would like to know how I could possibly use a few of the others, but the fact that you can ONLY assign a SINGLE voice to a Single output, seems very limiting to me.
Eg, if sending the drums to an output other than the Mains, the mains get no drums,
I do not like this limitation.

Last night I had my two QSC K10's and the PA, consisting of just two more speakers-totaling 4 speakers. I sent the 2 main outputs of t4 to my k10's as my monitors. I used the HEADPHONE output as a feed to the PA!  It seemed to work ok.. though I do not know if headphone output has correct impedance for a PA?

How do those of you who play live, utilize the alternative outputs?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:40:17 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

beykock

Re: Outputs question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
There ain't absolutely no problem to connect your headphone output with 2 mono ( or 1 stereo ) inputs of your mixer.

Also the main keyboard ( L + R ) can be used simultaneously.
4 outputs to your mixer.

Babette

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:16:54 PM by beykock »

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: Outputs question
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
"There ain't absolutely no problem to connect your headphone output with 2 mono ( or 1 stereo ) inputs of your mixer.
Also the main keyboard ( L + R ) can be used simultaneously.
4 outputs to your mixer."

There ain't?   :)
Just funning with you. 

So I imagine the headphone output is a summing ( not that I technically know what summing means!) of both sides of the stereo field?

Related:  Have you tried the Yamaha music soft MIDI tracks? Some of them are really excellent. I cannot swear by all of them... but I got mostly lucky in choosing about 55 of the 70 I purchased ... they are so well done. They have completely changed how I approach a gig.  They sound too good, not to use them.. and so far, I just play over them  while people dance!

I bring this up because it is vital to have the whole stereo field of these MIDI tracks to be heard... The headphone output seemed to be ok... but frankly, I was aurally surrounded by the stereo monitors... so I am not positive the headphone output was ideal. The pressure of an outdoor job did not afford me a chance to judge the result of using a headphone output.

My understanding of the outputs on t4
if I put drums eg, in the 2 main outputs, the drum will NOT be available in any of the other outputs.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.