Author Topic: Multi Pad midi receiving - help!  (Read 4470 times)

grussell

Multi Pad midi receiving - help!
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
Hi,

I’m trying to get the Genos to work with my DAW (Cubasis) while playing a style. It works for most parts but I’m having issues with the multipads.

In the genos midi setup it has multipad1-4 assigned to different midi transmit channels (port 1 ch5-8) however there are no multipad on the midi receive so I can not find How to control this. If you simply send data back on the same channel it sounds like a mess. Works ok with audiolinked multpads, just not midi.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Gavin

Seagull29

Re: Multi Pad midi receiving - help!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Hi,
if it's the same as T5, there is no midi receive for multipad. You can't send midi note info from your DAW to Multipad section and I'm not sure that you can send CC info in this section. Muti Pad are special midi files which react with chords you play. And there is no possibility to transmit directly midi from DAW to Multipad Creator. It's the same with Style Creator. You must build these directly from your Genos. But you can import midi files in multipad if these files are e.g. on an USB plug . In fact, you build your pad in a DAW and export them in MultiPad by your USB device.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:09:41 PM by Seagull29 »

Offline bernamato

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
In style creator you can send midi data and record them on different channel. it is easy. you need to select, in the "Function", "keyboard" in the "MIDI" section.  I don't know about multi pad.

grussell

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
Thanks Seagull,

I’m still getting to grips with this. Any idea why does genos send out “multi pad1-4” if you can not send it back?

Also, I created a midi file on genos (midi multi recording), then loaded it into cubasis but am unable to get it playing in the same way - all the ctrl codes seem to be there.

Sorry, may be simple question, looking for a nudge in right direction.

Gavin

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
Copy the pad to USB stick.
Change extention .pad in .mid.
Import in your DAW.
Modify it in your DAW.
Save in back to the USB stick as .mid.
Change extention .mid in .pad.
Copy the new pad to your keyboard.
Best Regards,
Wim

grussell

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »
Thanks Wim,

That’s great to edit the pad - can it not be played by sending a key msg to genos.

I notice the internal multi midi recording does permit routing to multi pad.

Cheers

Gavin

Seagull29

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:22:04 PM »
In style creator you can send midi data and record them on different channel. it is easy. you need to select, in the "Function", "keyboard" in the "MIDI" section.  I don't know about multi pad.
Hi Bernamoto
Are you sure that we can transmit midi file from a DAW directly in Style Creator when we build a Style ? If yes, can you give us exactly the parameters to change in midi function, it will be great !
Thanks in advance
Regards
Seagull29

Offline bernamato

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »
You need to go to MIDI section, in" receive" section, select "Keyboard", channel 1. In DAW,  select output midi on channel 1, for each parts you need to record.

Regards,

Seagull29

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
Hi Bernamoto,
Great thanks for your help. It's not perfect now but I understood the settings. I'm going to try with different midi channels to see if it's working with. When I found the exact settings, I'll post all parameters. It seems that there is a a shift of an octave between the DAW and the Tyros, but when we know it, we must just transpose the part up to 12 semitones on the DAW and all is right.
Have a nice evening
Regards
Seagull29