Author Topic: Weird issues fixed by factory reset  (Read 4190 times)

AndrewKeyz

Weird issues fixed by factory reset
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:20:26 PM »
I had two weird problems (Genos is on latest firmware):

1) Turning on the machine, selecting reg 1 from either current state (whichever reg is loaded) or specifically loading a registration file manually first would always default the voice of Right 1 quickly back to C7 Pop Grand every time. Pressing Reg 1 after that was always normal behaviour going forwards but this is still irritating I thought.
2) Metronome not working at all. Not even in recording mode. Very strange. Checked all volume settings etc. I actually think the metronome options are a bit limited and would prefer a metronome button on the keyboard somewhere and perhaps it should work independently from the style or at least have a tick option (link to Style/Acmp) or whatever. But to be fair I hardly use it but needed it for a recording this weekend and I could see it being important when recording audio link multipads etc.

I did a factory reset (after a backup, not that your files are gone though, I presume that requires a format).

Both problems gone.
Happy days.  :D

Just posting in case other people have similar issues.
Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

Re: Weird issues fixed by factory reset
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »
Thanks for this post, Andrew. I too have noticed on occasion that the C7 Pop Grand was selected in a Registration, when I was positive I changed it to some other softer piano, and then re-saved the Registration. This went on a lot after loading all my T5 Registrations. It seems to still happen on occasion though. Is this what you're talking about?

- Lee
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Hi!
Registrations are unsure for me too, they do not always do as it's programmed to at first pressure,
only at second pressure it will be correct.

So you can not trust Genos registration, on all occasions, it's a pity.
Hope Yamaha fixes this in the next upgrade.
I got three voices at the same time, I had just programmed one voice (Right 1),
and the three voices were not shown in the display, they were hidden, strange.

// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

AndrewKeyz

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »
Thanks for this post, Andrew. I too have noticed on occasion that the C7 Pop Grand was selected in a Registration, when I was positive I changed it to some other softer piano, and then re-saved the Registration. This went on a lot after loading all my T5 Registrations. It seems to still happen on occasion though. Is this what you're talking about?

- Lee

Yes sounds like the exact same problem. It didn't always only happen upon first loading but that was for me the most common case. Occasionally it did also seem to happen in the scenario you described.

I actually had a third problem which was auto power off not always working. The Genos would just stay on forever. That problem seems to have gone too.

I reckon indeed some of this stuff happens after loading regs / midi or pack install whatever that may mess something up.

The factory reset seems to have taken care of all my issues with the Genos for now anyway.

AndrewKeyz

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »
Hi!
Registrations are unsure for me too, they do not always do as it's programmed to at first pressure,
only at second pressure it will be correct.

So you can not trust Genos registration, on all occasions, it's a pity.
Hope Yamaha fixes this in the next upgrade.
I got three voices at the same time, I had just programmed one voice (Right 1),
and the three voices were not shown in the display, they were hidden, strange.

// Pierre

If a factory reset didn't help for you I hope a next firmware will.
It's a shame it has these issues. Certainly when performing live I could see this being a major problem.

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »
Hi!
A factory reset didn't help. The error remains and there are more Genos owners affected by this problem.

// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
This is not a "wish list" issue, but something that needs to be fixed ASAP. Whoever has contacts with Yamaha, please do some yelling for everyone!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 11:31:13 PM »
Sounds like a problem with how the registrations have been saved. If a midi file has been saved in memory and the header has been set to open up with the first registration  the song used then this problem may occur and a second press is needed to select the registration voices. Always check that your registrations have been saved correctly and you should not have any problems.   

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 11:51:15 PM »
Agreed, Eileen however, these offending registrations are as simple as selecting a Genos style, adjusting the mixer, tempo, R1 (CFX Acoustic Grand), other voices, and then saving it as a named registration. Plain and simple - the C7 Pop Grand subs in for the Acoustic Grand...weird! It hasn't happened recently but I'm leary of it during all shows.