Author Topic: Genos Protective Foil Review  (Read 1972 times)

gerarde

Genos Protective Foil Review
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:40:58 PM »
I did not know if a protective cover for the Genos would be a good thing or not so I ordered on to try it.
Before I put it on, I wanted to make sure the keyboard was clean so I used a damp cloth with  little dish soap and another one to dry it off.
That is when I knew I needed a protective foil.
I was amazed at the amount of grime tat attached itself to the Genos.
I have very oily skin, genetics I guess, and where I pressed buttons the most, there is residue.
I remember on my TYROS 5-76, through playing it a lot, some of the lettering under some of the buttons had started to fade.
This foil takes care of that.

Putting it on ws pretty straight forward.
It has a tear off strip on both sides when you get it.
First, I removed the sliders and knobs, which was very east to do.
Then I placed the foil on top of the keyboard to see how it aligned up.
There is a strip at the top and bottom that has adhesive on it to keep it from moving around and to help it lay flat.
What is important before you put it on, bend the lower tab down so that it will fit in back of the keys.
Next, I removed the ter off strip on the back,and plced the foil on the Genos.
Making sure the openings were centered on the registration keys etc., I then removed the strip covering the bottom adhesive tab.
Working from left to right, I pressed the tab against the Genos, making sure the openings lined up.
Once that was done, I removed the strip covering the top adhesive tab and with one hand on the foil I used upward pressure from left to right to make sure it was flat on the Genos.
When done I can see it will be much easier to clean and if ever I sold my Genos, I can remove the foil and the Genos will look brand new!
It took less than an hour to put it on.

I also bought the key foils on a whim. I though they looked cool but I did not know if it would be worth it.
To put them on takes patience.
It took me about an hour and a half t odo all the keys.
They have to be placed on one at a time.
You lift each one off of the whole strip using a razor blade.
Then I had to start at the bottom, keeping the same amount of space on each side of it and worked my way up the key.
I goofed a couple of times but it was fairly easy to pull it back up to realign it.

I had wondered if it would affect my playing as we are all used to seeing totally white keys.
I found that it really did not affect me at all.
My fingers still went where they were supposed to. lol

The way to contact the seller is on Facebook, he does not have a website yet.
His name is Sasa goca mladenovic on Facebook.
He has foils for many keyboards and mixers.
On his page, he has pics too.
Here is a Youtube link showing it on a Korg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1c9ZQSJvHU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0KE4qu4IZIj8pdfJY89KabU94h4xCxsJzR2a7ZKp2gx38rqod67Ip_9VQ

All in all, I give this a thumbs up, and I am happy I got it.
I am having a problem attaching pics. I will either edit this post or creat another post to try and add them

Regards,
Gerard