Author Topic: Genos error message  (Read 3355 times)

Offline dragon

Genos error message
« on: December 01, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
Hi folks,
I was doing a registration search on Genos (fully upgraded to latest software) and I got the following error message.

Unexpected error. Turn the power on and off again.  SAJOML L11.

I did this and everything was ok but does anyone know what the error code means and why the Genos fell over?
Thanks
Carol

keynote

Re: Genos error message
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 10:34:40 PM »
Hi Carol,

I have experienced the same error after loading a particular midi file. Error exceptions are usually caused when the Genos, which is essentially a computer driven device, can't handle the instructions sent to the central processing unit. And thus an error message is displayed alerting the user to turn off the keyboard and then back on again to restore functionality in this particular instance.

Mike

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 12:34:28 AM »
Carol
I experienced a similar unexpected error once or twice where i had to turn the keyboard off and then on. 

I do not know the cause of the error you experienced. Usually, just turning off and then on clears the error and can continue working with Genos as usual.

Unless this happen too often i would not worry too much about it.

thanks   
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline dragon

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
Thank-you Mike and Al Ram for your replies.
At least I am not alone in having this happen. I didn't have a midi file loaded but was simply using the Genos system to search for a registration.
Cheers
Carol

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »
This did happen to me during a few gigs last summer,   (Genos freezing even without any error message) but strangely and luckily it has not happened for months now.  My only explanation is that all the the files that might have triggered this break down have been "cleaned up" by  the tweaking of both style files and midi files, which was not done methodically but whenever I realized they could be tweaked to sound better. The material was all taken from my TYROS 5/6  and there never was a problem with the material on the T, but as Eileen has explained so many times, the Genos is an other animal.  What causes indigetion for G does not necessarily disturb T.

Cheers

Kaarlo