Author Topic: Need Help Trois-Rivieres,Quebec  (Read 5402 times)

Robfind

Need Help Trois-Rivieres,Quebec
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »
Yes I need help but what I need is someone physically to show me how to use the PSR S975.if by any chance some one read this and would be living close by and be willing to help for a few hours I would be willing to pay.

Been reading and watching you tube and after 6 weeks I cannot get a second banksaved or registered,stil don't
know what is a bank or registration or a folder.am I too old or too stupid but i
'm about to give up and let $3000.00 just sit there.

Bob Findlay

Offline Ed B

Re: Need Help Trois-Rivieres,Quebec
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:31:30 AM »
Hi Bob
I recommend you read through the lessons we have here on the forum
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/index.html
By reading through and watching video will get you going. Many initially have trouble but once you get the concept you will be off to the races. There may be someone close to you but this I am sure will get you going.
Hope this helps. Do not hesitate to ask questions here on the forum.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:29:58 AM »
Yes I need help but what I need is someone physically to show me how to use the PSR S975.if by any chance some one read this and would be living close by and be willing to help for a few hours I would be willing to pay.

Been reading and watching you tube and after 6 weeks I cannot get a second banksaved or registered,stil don't
know what is a bank or registration or a folder.am I too old or too stupid but i
'm about to give up and let $3000.00 just sit there.

If you need help on registrations, check out my videos (link in signature).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 11:31:28 PM »
I also suggest going to the lessons section of psrtutorial.  I too found I had a lot of trouble learning the psr operating system.  The nice thing about the "Yamaha psr series is they all work the same way.  So you don't m\need to find someone who knows the 975.  I could teach you the operation being familiar with the 3000.

Now I also suggest going through the lesson section one page at a time and in the order they are presented. Later lessons build on earlier ones.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:56:49 AM »
Bob

Too old? You’re only 69! I bought my s970 three years ago and I’m in my 81st year. The lessons are a godsend, not only when you’re just starting, but also for years afterwards.

Alan

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »
And there's a bullet-proof set of step by step instructions on my website. www.andrew-gilbert.com/downloads

Scroll down a little and you'll find the instructions for Yamaha keyboards. Just go through them one step at a time and it will work for you. The aforementioned videos etc are great but you can print my instructions out and have them there in front of you.

When my students have a higher end Yamaha keyboard, it's the very first lesson I give them, as it's so important to be able to use registrations properly.

And at some point, I will do a set for the Genos! I know how to do it if I'm sitting at it but I need to make sure that my instructions remain bullet-proof. :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
Hi Bob,
  Do you now know how to make and save registrations. It is always nice to know if members have been able to help you.

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »
The thing that puzzles me is that even if you don’t know how to save registrations, or styles to the music finder, or some other of the functions, there is still a lot of fun to be had playing the PSR. Many people hardly do these things at all, or at least for several months, and still enjoy playing. And almost everyone finds registrarions a bit difficult to begin with. You just need to persevere, and ask specific questions with follow until the light bulb goes off.  I really wonder if Bob has got to base one when he talks about ‘leaving it sitting there’.
Bob needs to step back and work through a step at a time.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 06:33:48 PM »
To me good registrations are the heart of any keyboard and are not hard to do. Once you have set up your eight buttons on the registration bank you then just Press button J and that takes you to the page you can name and save the bank. You can then make another bank up and do the same thing but you must give it a different name other wise you will over right the one you just made. These can be saved on USER or USB.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
Well, Rob, as much as I would like to, I can no longer sail my boat up to Canada and provide first hand lessons, though I have one student who I taught how to use his S975 here in my office in Maryland. Overall, it took about 6 hours before he fully understood the concept of registrations, MFD and how to work his way around the keyboard effortlessly during a one-hour performance, and with little of no dead time between songs.

The lessons on the tutorial site will  be very beneficial if you follow them step by step and go through them all.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline mikf

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »
From what Bob says on another thread, he doesn't really play the keyboard. He is trying to use it as a 'karaoke cum recording ' device. While the keyboard can be used for that, in a manner, it is not really the mainstream use, and what he was trying to do turns out not to be possible. That may explain why people did not cotton on to his issues.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline andyg

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »
Registrations are the single most powerful feature in an arranger keyboard. It's possible to have great amounts of enjoyment without using them, sure. You have OTS, Music Finder and now Playlists. But these are all just other people's ideas of how a certain tune should sound, or what goes best with a given rhythm. (And some OTS are great, some are dire. I've managed to get more than a few of the dud ones changed over the years!)

There's nothing to beat setting up and saving your own settings, even if you use OTS etc as a starting point. And then, to add variety into a tune, you need to change sounds, rhythm styles/variations etc while you're playing it. A tune played straight through with just one sound can be very dull.

Changing sounds/styles is mandatory in all keyboard exams, even from Grade 1, and all my students get taught how to to it using Registration Memories. If their keyboard hasn't got them, I get them to change it before they embark on the exam pieces!

If I take on a student with a higher end Yammie, the first question I ask is "Do you use registrations?" If the answer is "No" then the first lesson revolves around it. It makes no difference if they're 8 or 88, I make sure they know how registrations work.

And you need to practise using registrations and registration sequences just the same as you practise playing the notes and chords!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Robfind

problem solved thanks to
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 03:46:51 PM »
A Fellow Canadian responded to my cry for help Ron Jubenville he's a member here and a performer.He sent me his phone  number and in 1 hour my problem was solved and every thing is working properly and I'm very very grateful and happy.

Robfind Bob Findlay

Offline Toril S

Re: problem solved thanks to
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »
I am very happy to hear that!😀😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page