Author Topic: Does 975 have built in sampler?  (Read 2818 times)

ekurburski

Does 975 have built in sampler?
« on: March 15, 2019, 06:38:12 AM »
I'm comparing features on psr 975 & the PA1000.  An important feature for me is the ability to add samples to the keyboards voices.  I don't mean adding factory sample packs but rather any of the thousands of samples I have collected over the years.  I would love to be able to play the east-west sounds on my keyboard and not just through my daw.

Offline DerekA

Re: Does 975 have built in sampler?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
You can load samples into the YEM software on a PC, create voices from the samples, export the voices as a pack, then install the pack to the keyboard.

So, this means the answer is yes - you can. But it's a little fiddly since you can't do it on the keyboard itself, and the results will vary in quality. If you were doing it all the time it would get frustrating, if it's now and then you can probably live with a little trial and error each time.

There's also a limit on the total size of the loaded waves which varies by model. For S975 it is 768MB. This cannot be increased.
Genos

ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 01:21:07 AM »
Thanks Derek.  Just one more reason for me to wait for next model change.  I really like the features available on the Pa1000 but also really like the Yamaha sound and basic knowledge of the OS.  No $ right now anyway but Sweetwater is tempting me with a PA1000 demo for 1799 at 36.00 @ month for 48 months & no interest.   Thing is, if I wait I could get pretty much the same deal when the newer models come out.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:20 AM »
I'm comparing features on psr 975 & the PA1000.  An important feature for me is the ability to add samples to the keyboards voices.  I don't mean adding factory sample packs but rather any of the thousands of samples I have collected over the years.  I would love to be able to play the east-west sounds on my keyboard and not just through my daw.

The PSR S975 has more realistic voices and styles than the Pa1000 but on the Pa1000 you can create DNC or RX sounds with your own samples.

On YEM you only can create normal voices and normal drum kits for the s975