Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

How to transfer PSR S970 styles to my new Genos

(1/3) > >>

Pejaysea:
Hello,
I just got a Genos to upgrade from my PSR S970. I have not been able to figure out how to copy the PSR styles and transfer them to the Genos.  I believe I have figured out how to transfer my Registration Banks from the old to the new keyboard but of course I need the styles to make it all work. I would appreciate any help you could offer.  Thanks very much.

Pete

Al Ram:
this is what i did.  Others might have done it differently.

For me it is a good way to organize and easily find my stuff.

On the Genos user area or USB create individual folders for:
1) Registrations
2) External Styles
3) External multipads
4) External voices
5) Midis

Copy items from old keyboard to each corresponding folder in new keyboard using USB.

Your registrations on Genos need to point to the correct/corresponding folder.   The best way would be to use the same organization you had on the old keyboard.   That way you do not need to spend too much time reworking the regs.

For me it worked because that is the same organization i had on my old keyboard.

I am not using the Genos user area.  I use a USB always plugged in to Genos. 

Hope this helps.

Pejaysea:
Thanks, Al. 
My question is actually a bit more basic.  I’m trying to figure out how to copy the original styles from the PSRS970 to a USB flash drive which I will then use on the Genos.   I suspect this is a simple process that I’m just not getting.
I have so many setups in my Registration Banks.  I don’t want to have to redo everything.
Thanks again
Pete

Toril S:
Just tab to the style folders on the S970, than copy the folders to your USB stick. Make a folder called S970 styles and put the folders into it. If you are a charter member the styles can be downloaded from PSR Tutorial also.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Pejaysea on November 23, 2018, 08:52:50 PM ---Thanks, Al. 
My question is actually a bit more basic.  I’m trying to figure out how to copy the original styles from the PSRS970 to a USB flash drive which I will then use on the Genos.   I suspect this is a simple process that I’m just not getting.
I have so many setups in my Registration Banks.  I don’t want to have to redo everything.

--- End quote ---

Pete,

Copying the styles is easy, as Toril showed you. The issue will be your registrations (with your desire not to "redo everything").

Your registrations are looking for these styles in the Preset drive. There's no way for you to store anything in Preset. So even if you copy the files, your registrations won't find them.

I went through the process of copying the T4 preset styles to a USB stick, but found I never needed them. When you have a registration looking for a foreign style in Preset, the Genos will substitute a preset of its own. I was quite happy with virtually every one of the substitutions, so I just accepted them. If I remember correctly, there was one that I redid.

So copy your registrations. Play the song. And adjust only the ones you're not happy with. There won't be very many.

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version