Author Topic: Saving Voice Sets  (Read 3815 times)

gerarde

Saving Voice Sets
« on: November 20, 2018, 04:18:46 PM »
First I must explain my meaning of a voice set.
You load a style, select an OTS, and you find there is a voice on RIGHT 1 and RIGHT 2, and you like it.
Each of the voices on RIGHT 1 and RIGHT 2 have dsp's assigned to them.
And you think, WOW, I would like to use this voice set on some songs that I do.

If you save each voice to FAVORITES, FAVORITES only stores the PRESET VOICE, not the dsp's assigned to it.

The problem is you call up another song that you want to use them in by loading the registration for that song but you lost access to that voice set as soon as you load the registration.
I did find a work around.
When you have the voice set loaded, that you like from another style, select a registration, you can not do this from PLAYLIST, BUT DO NOT press any registration buttons.
Now, press MEMORY, then select only VOICE and HARMONY/ARP, and press a button, say button 10 to load it to.
Then save the registration and it is there.
I must further explain, I have one song per registration.
BUTTON 1 loads the style and the starting voice.
BUTTONS 2 - 10 are all VOICE only, so as I am playing the style I can have up to nine voices.

I could probably do the same saving to an OTS button and then saving the style.

It would be nice if we could COPY voice sets or an OTS setting and PASTE it where we need it.
If there is a better way, I would love to know.....

Regards,
Gerard

Offline jwyvern

Re: Saving Voice Sets
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
If there is a Voice in an OTS or anywhere else with settings you want to keep, leave it where it is (in R1, 2 etc) and start up voice editor. (eg. menu, Voice Edit). Make sure the part that you want is the active one in the editor eg. by pressing its part on\off button once or twice. Then touch Save at the top, navigate to where you want to save it, edit the name and OK. The voice will be there complete with its settings including DSP's for future use.
John
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:54:01 PM by jwyvern »

gerarde

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
John,

That works for an individual voice.
But you can't do that for both voices.
You would have to save one voice at a time.
The way I mentioned, saving in a registration or an OTS would save both at the same time.

Regards,
Gerard

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:06:06 PM »
Yes, if you want to save a more complex setup rather than individual voices, that is what registration files are for IMO, (or OTS's if you want to attach them to a style and don't need to record the parameters the latter can't handle such as transpose, split point or pedals for example).
John
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:07:47 PM by jwyvern »

Online Joe H

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
You might try Jorgen's OTS Editor.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/software.htm

I believe you can save to disk OTS files and import them into another style.

Also if you use the FREEZE (Voice) function you can select an OTS then load another style and save that OTS to any of the 4 OTS for the new style.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

gerarde

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »
Joe,

That's a great idea to use FREEZE(voice) function. I just have to remember to turn it back off when I have used it. lol

Regards,
Gerard

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »
Joe,

That's a great idea to use FREEZE(voice) function. I just have to remember to turn it back off when I have used it. lol

Regards,
Gerard
Hi Gérard,
Hopefully you should not need to use the Freeze function. With the current voice set up loaded, you can load a new style without freezing and save the voices to its OTS. As long as you don't press the new style's OTS button first and spoil the setup, the freeze button isn't needed.
I mention it because owing to a Genos bug which hasn't been fixed, the freeze function fails to work when Voices is the only selection in the setup box. (If Style is also selected, voices will then be frozen too, if that is ever wanted).
John