Author Topic: Earphones and transpose Qs  (Read 3323 times)

edtek

Earphones and transpose Qs
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
1. Can I disable speakers by plugging in earphones?
2. The 3 choices for transpose say Master changes everything but it doesn't change keyboard to master setting eg: kb at 2, master at 3, then change master to 4 and kb goes to 3 not 4 like master. Am I missing something?

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Earphones and transpose Qs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »
Which Keyboard do you have?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »
On the PSR I think it's Under Utilities

You can turn off or on the On board speaker.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
1. Can I disable speakers by plugging in earphones?
2. The 3 choices for transpose say Master changes everything but it doesn't change keyboard to master setting eg: kb at 2, master at 3, then change master to 4 and kb goes to 3 not 4 like master. Am I missing something?

Hi Ed,

1) Please refer to Genos Reference Manual, page 145:

Go to "MENU ---> Utility ---> Speaker/Connectivity". There you can make the desired setting für "Speaker":
Headphone Switch (that is what you need) / Always On / Always Off.

2) Please refer to Genos Owner's Manual, page 61, Genos Reference Manual, page 36:

You can make different Transpose settings for Keyboard and (MIDI) Song. The Transpose Master value normally remains at zero (0).

Example:
Transpose Keyboard = 2
Transpose Song = 0
Transpose Master = 0

When you now set Master to 1, both values of Keyboard AND Song are increased by 1. So, the resulting values are:

Transpose Keyboard = 3
Transpose Song = 1
Transpose Master = 1

This means, Transpose Master always increases or decreases both Keyboard AND Song by the SAME value.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:11:18 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

edtek

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »
Chris,
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I didn't mention in my post that I'm using external speakers connected to the Line Out Main jacks.  The headphone switch appears to only affect the GENOS MS01 speakers.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 01:10:19 AM »
Chris,
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I didn't mention in my post that I'm using external speakers connected to the Line Out Main jacks.  The headphone switch appears to only affect the GENOS MS01 speakers.

Hi Ed,

yes,  only on Tyros5 this "Headphone Switch" affects the Line Out Main jacks, because the T5 has NO multi-pin jack to connect the original Tyros5 Speaker System. (The TRS-MS05 Speaker System hast to be connected to the Line Out Main Jacks with the T5).

On Genos and Tyros 1 - 4 which HAVE a multi-pin jack to connect the original GNS/TRS Speaker System, this software-based "Headphone Switch" does NOT affect the Line Out Main jacks. This means, you have to mute or switch off the external Speaker System manually.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:13:55 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)