Author Topic: Registration glitch  (Read 16595 times)

Registration glitch
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »
Hi all,

Sometimes I get a glitch with a registration. I play a song then move to the next registration bank, but the style remains the same as the previous song. It's as if the registration hasn't saved, even though I may have played the tune a dozen times.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Dave.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »
When a registration doesn’t load a style, it’s because it can’t find it.

When this happens just re-memorize it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
Hi all,

Sometimes I get a glitch with a registration. I play a song then move to the next registration bank, but the style remains the same as the previous song. It's as if the registration hasn't saved, even though I may have played the tune a dozen times.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Dave.

1. Take care on how many USB Sticks you have plugged in when you start the keyboard.
2. Take care what settings are ticked in Memory screen when you save the registration memory in your registration Bank.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
Hi Fred and Valimaties,

Yes I do re memorise, but it's a pain.

I only have the one USB under the keyboard, so the registration should find it, especially when I've already loaded it countless times.
I have everything ticked in the memory screen when I save a registration.

It's happened a few times with different registrations. I don't know why.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:03:11 PM »

I only have the one USB under the keyboard, so the registration should find it, especially when I've already loaded it countless times.

Post one or two of your registrations here, and let us take a look at them.

I know you don’t want to hear this, but in my experience, problems with registrations are always user error.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »
... Sometimes I get a glitch with a registration. I play a song then move to the next registration bank, but the style remains the same as the previous song. It's as if the registration hasn't saved, even though I may have played the tune a dozen times. ...

Hi Dave,

does this error occur with Preset Styles (or with User Styles that are stored on the USB stick)?

In case of Preset Styles, the reason must be that the box "Style" was not checked, when memorizing the Reg(s).

In case of User Styles: Did you rename or move the particular Style on the USB stick after you memorized the Reg(s)?

P.S.
Maybe it's because the FREEZE button was pressed accidentally (?): Please press [DIRECT ACCESS] ---> [FREEZE] to see which boxes are checked there. If you normally don't use the Freeze feature, you can uncheck ALL boxes in this window. (To save the Freeze settings, finally press [EXIT]). :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:35:25 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:38:49 AM »
Hi Fred and Valimaties,

As Fred said, I think also that is only a user glitch. I didn't encountered errors saving styles in registration memory ever.

Try rememorizes your registration memory with "Style" checked in memory screen and SAVE your registration bank. Change memory bank to other memory bank. Change back to your "problematic" reg bank. Select your registration bank containing your style and verify which style was loaded.

Check your style's name (char map, name length)...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
Once you have your custom styles saved on user or USB you must not move them to different positions or delete them. The registration bank link will look for the style where it was when originally saved. If it has been moved then the link will fail and your registration bank will select the style previously used.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:01 PM »
...If it has been moved then the link will fail and your registration bank will select the style previously used.

Sorry for correcting, but a registration memory is not a script, function, or whatever. A registration memory does not check for existence of a link (style, song, text file, lyrics, or whatever). When you select a registration memory from a registration bank you tell to Genos's application to parse and load all settings stored in that file (registration memory). If any of the setting does not fill the required clause it will not be loaded and an error is generated. So, a style which does not exists to that link stored in selected registration file, will not be loaded. Which means last used style will remain in memory to be used.

Any error encountered is stored in Genos_log.log file. I don't know to tell you where is default path for this file, but it would be great to see some log from it. :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

Any error encountered is stored in Genos_log.log file. I don't know to tell you where is default path for this file, but it would be great to see some log from it. :)

That's the first time I've ever heard of a Genos log file. I certainly can't find one like it.

Where did you hear of such a log file?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »
I am sure that a lot of members can be put off of doing things by some of the answers they get. A simple question deserves a simple answer. If you load a registration and correctly press the first button in that registration but the style remains the same as the previous bank then the link has been broken. Usually because the style has been moved from its original place when saved to the bank. Relocate the style and re-save to the bank and then most importantly re-save the bank.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »
That's the first time I've ever heard of a Genos log file. I certainly can't find one like it.

Where did you hear of such a log file?

Cheers,
Fred

It is written in firmware file...  :-X

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos