Author Topic: Help-Tyros 5 Question  (Read 6015 times)

ricketsia76

Help-Tyros 5 Question
« on: November 04, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to use styles for songs. I would like to apply 3 voices using "Part Select/Part On/Off" with a specific style. I though that when saving this to a registration, that it would retain the voice selections after power off/poweron. It's not. Is this the way it works, or am I doing something wrong?....... perhaps I am not saving it correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help

Rick

Offline browzer

Re: Help-Tyros 5 Question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
Rick,

I hope I’m not stating the obvious when I ask if you saved the registration bank after the changes you made. Obviously these changes would be lost if you loaded another registration bank.

Ronnie
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 06:10:23 PM »
Hi Rick,

please make sure that at least the boxes "Style", "Voice", "Harmony" and "Tempo" are checked, when you press [Memory] button (before you press a particular Reg Memory button ( 1 - 8 ) to memorize your current panel setting to it).

After you have made your Registrations, don't forget to save the Registration BANK as a file on User drive, Hard drive or a USB drive.

Please also make sure that the [Freeze] button is NOT activated.

In this context, I recommend to press [Direct Access] ---> [Freeze], remove all check marks there and close that display by pressing [Exit]. Now, it doesn't matter if the [Freeze] button is pressed accidentally. :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:37:43 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

ricketsia76

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »
Many thanks for your help

Audrey Turner

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:24:39 AM »
Hello Rick,   The way I do it is:- I select my Style and load it to keyboard, then PRESS THE FREEZE BUTTON to turn it on. (It'll be red) Leave this on whilst you're working on all your 'settings' and when you're satisfied, Name and SAVE ALL to the Registration Bank in the usual way after which, turn OFF THE FREEZE BUTTON.  Now, the keyboard should be back to the Home Page ready to for you to work on your next 'settings'. 

If I'm creating medleys, I name each song using the EDIT 1 MENU found at bottom right of the screen.

Hope this helps - Audrey T
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:29:22 AM by Audrey Turner »