Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

Why can't the Genos do this?

(1/3) > >>

KeyboardMaestroYT:
Not sure if this is allowed but... Something that struck me today is that my 21 year old Technics Keyboard can do smooth sound transitions but the 1 year old Yamaha Genos can't do that.. Why exactly is that?

Genos has 1GB of waverom? 256 Notes of Polyphony, 28 Different DSP blocks.
KN-920 has 8MB of Waverom, 32 notes of Polyphony and only 2 Different DSP blocks.

https://youtu.be/8lm-SHwxsY4

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: KeyboardMaestroYT on October 31, 2018, 03:07:56 AM ---Not sure if this is allowed but... Something that struck me today is that my 21 year old Technics Keyboard can do smooth sound transitions but the 1 year old Yamaha Genos can't do that.. Why exactly is that?

--- End quote ---

Because the Genos has DSPs, and the Technics does not.

There's no problem with smooth sound transitions on the Genos, as long as you don't use DSPs.

Cheers,
Fred

Joe H:
In your demo, you took a long time to switch Voices.  This issue has been brought up several times.  It's the DSPs that are causing the issue with fade-out.  If you switch Voices suddenly the DSP effect "tail" gets cut-off.  If you use the same DSP settings for the next Voice, you won't hear the disrupted DSP effect. It's not realistic to use radically different DPS effect with in the same style/performance.

(Sorry Fred... we were posting at the same time)

Joe H

DerekA:
All true - but since Genos now has 28 DSP available, you'd think they could find a way to make at least the R1/2/3 panel voices pick up a spare DSP when you make a change.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: DerekA on October 31, 2018, 01:48:16 PM ---All true - but since Genos now has 28 DSP available, you'd think they could find a way to make at least the R1/2/3 panel voices pick up a spare DSP when you make a change.

--- End quote ---

It’s not a spare DSP that’s needed, it’s a spare midi channel.

You can switch seamlessly from R1 to R2 with different DSPs. It’s only when you switch to different DSPs on the same voice.

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version