Author Topic: Another bug?  (Read 4345 times)

keynote

Another bug?
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
I was using the CountryFolkBallad and I noticed when I enabled the preset Multi Pad VocalChord1 #1 choir voice on the Multi Pad Control and played some chords a glitch happened in a relatively short amount of time. The glitch only happens with the #1 choir voice not the others. I contacted Yamaha by email and about a week!?!?  ::) later they finally replied saying I needed to make sure I was using the latest operating system update. That was basically it. I replied to Robert's email saying I was already using OS 1.30 and that wouldn't it be nice if Yamaha Japan was busily working on OS 1.40 so that my situation (and possibly others) could potentially be resolved? Well, I have yet to hear back from Yamaha US. I think the reason nobody responded to my second email is perhaps because Yamaha won't release any more updates for the Genos. If a new update was in the works you would think Yamaha would at least reply to my second email as an acknowledgement of my response to their reply to discuss the situation further. I'll wait a few more days to see what happens but it doesn't look encouraging if you know what I mean.

In the meantime I made a short demo of the glitch occurring in real-time. Since I am using the latest OS revision there doesn't appear to be anything I can do to otherwise resolve the problem except to wait for Yamaha to hopefully address the situation by way of an OS update. As a reminder the last OS update was back in April i.e. over 6 months ago. If a new update is in the works then it must be a real whopper that addresses all known bugs and glitches and perhaps it will provide a few new advanced and/or updated features. Here's to hoping.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

Re: Another bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
I notice that this seems to happen when playing a Gim7. Also note that variation C has the same voice pattern in the Pad section. It is using a Mega voice so this may have something to do with it. 

keynote

Re: Another bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
Also note that variation C has the same voice pattern in the Pad section. It is using a Mega voice so this may have something to do with it.

Hi Eileen,

The glitch only occurs when I use the VocalChords1 #1 Multi-pad variation. Both #1 and #3 use Mega Voices from what I can tell and yet the problem doesn't occur when I use the #3 Multi-pad variation. I'm still waiting for Yamaha to respond to my second email. If they don't respond I'll probably give them a buzz and talk to a support technician.

Mike