PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Touch sensitivity of organ tones in the E4xx keyboards

(1/3) > >>

vbdx66:
Hello to all,

I have a question pertaining to the PSR E4xx series, especially concerming the models from the E433 to the E463.

Could someone please check (unfortunately, I cannot check this myself because I currently haven’t any E4xx model at home) whether the panel voices in the category “organ” respond to touch sensitivity when the Touch Sensitivity function is set to another value than “fixed”?

What I mean is, if the Touch Sensitivity is set to Soft, Middle or Hard, will the panel Organ voices respond to how hard the keys are pressed just in the same way that a piano voice would do by default?

This question has been raised in another forum and I am not satisfied with the answer provided.

Thanks,

Vinciane

Fantomas:
Hi Vinciane,

I've just made this test for you.
All organ voices from 019 to 033 are not affected by the TOUCH parameter value.
Soft value equals to fixed value for example.

In other words, if you press the piano key hard or soft, the sound is exactly the same.

That's a shame I think.... and I don't understand this choice made by Yamaha...

vbdx66:
Thanks Chris.

Well I don’t understand this either. From what I heard, it seems that the organ voices from the XG bank will respond to touch sensitivity, though. This is a small consolation.

Regards,

Vinciane

SeaGtGruff:
Organs and certain other keyboard instruments-- such as harpsichords, as well as traditional analog synthesizers-- do not have touch-sensitive keyboards. Some organs do use a "swell" pedal to increase or decrease the volume of the sound, but of course that isn't the same as a touch-sensitive keyboard such as a piano (pianoforte) has.

Dick Rector:
Michael said it correctly. Organ tones don't have touch-sensitivity. Think of a church-pipe-organ. Voice is open or closed or it is a yes or no sound. Indeed you can change the loudness (forte) with a swell-pedal but not by harder or softer playing on the key's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version