Author Topic: Does this happen to you?  (Read 11656 times)

Offline Depo1964

Does this happen to you?
« on: October 27, 2018, 12:22:03 AM »
Don't know if this has to do with my processing sequence:
NOTE: I'm not a typical Arranger Station player....
(If this is the reason I have this situation, then I apologize and there is no need to reply.)

I'll find a Left Preset that I like.... and give it a name defined in my User area.
Then I  usually find a Right1 preset that I like and do the same...
But when I go to choose a Style.... I follow the same procedure, saving it to a User area.

When I go back to the main screen what shows up in the Left Voice box is a Preset again.
Usually, but not always, if I click on the Left voice box and click on the User tab.... the User voice that I chose is displayed again.
But not always.... Sometimes, I have to search through the User choices to again find it.

I don't save my settings to a Registration until I'm satisfied with all of my voice and style choices.
Don't know whether or not this has anything to do with it.

Offline Ed B

Re: Does this happen to you?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 02:52:53 AM »
Hi
The left voice is associated with the style. When you select the style after selecting a left voice, the style brings with it the left voice currently associated with it and the OTS voices associated with R1 R2 and R3. So start with the style first.  Make your changes then save the style as a user style.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »
If you are using registrations then save you preferred left voice into the registration button you want and then save the registration.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »
What’s all this "save to user area"? Why not just select the preset?

It sounds to me like you don’t need user voices st all. The registration will happily save any changes you want to make to the voice.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 04:00:42 PM »
Hi
The left voice is associated with the style. When you select the style after selecting a left voice, the style brings with it the left voice currently associated with it and the OTS voices associated with R1 R2 and R3. So start with the style first.  Make your changes then save the style as a user style.
Regards
Ed B
Figured it was something like that.
Thanks Ed B.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »
If you are using registrations then save you preferred left voice into the registration button you want and then save the registration.
Yep, that's another way around my process structure.
Thx, EileenL

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »
What’s all this "save to user area"? Why not just select the preset?

It sounds to me like you don’t need user voices st all. The registration will happily save any changes you want to make to the voice.

Cheers,
Fred
Hi Fred,
The reason I save it to the user area is because I have yet to find a Preset that I haven't tweeked in some form or another....
and this being my first arranger workstation I figure it's always best to save, save, save so I know what I'm working with.
ciao,  Dan

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »
Hi Fred,
The reason I save it to the user area is because I have yet to find a Preset that I haven't tweeked in some form or another....
and this being my first arranger workstation I figure it's always best to save, save, save so I know what I'm working with.
ciao,  Dan

I understand. But you can easily save your changes in the registration. There's no need to create a user voice.

That being said, the value of creating a user voice is if you want to use it in more than one registration.

So, if you're using the changed voice multiple times, save it as a user voice.  But if it's a unique change, save yourself the trouble, and just save it in the registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons