Author Topic: Genos Full backup  (Read 5289 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Genos Full backup
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:24:19 AM »
Hi,

I want to add few Rex files through my Genos through YEM. Really not sure if it will change numbering of kits and linking of any registrations and style files that I have made. So want to take a complete backup of Genos before I modify anything through YEM.

Is the Restore option in Genos complete enough - i.e. will it restore Genos to exactly the same position - all drumkits numbering, style files linking - everything in the same position at the time of taking the backup ?

Regards

Anand

Offline ugawoga

Re: Genos Full backup
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »
Hi
Arn't Rex files a form of wave file??

They should not interfere with kits as they are recorded files.

All the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
I too would like to know if the Genos backup is a "mirror" backup or on restoration, do we need to spend hours "fixing" little things that were not included in the backup? That sort of backup is completely useless just before a show! How long does a total restore take?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:28:56 PM »
Anand,

When you create a "new pack" to load your REX2 files (as content) YEM will automatically assign the next higher LSB number to your new pack.  This assures us that there will no conflicts with existing packs.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo