Author Topic: Editing Voice Voices  (Read 9683 times)

Offline acparker

Editing Voice Voices
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some help in figuring out how to edit the voice voices on the Genos.  This is an area I haven't looked at before.  Specifically, I want to edit the voice so that it has less attack.  The start of the note is to harsh -- I'd like it to fade in more.  So if someone could tell me what setting I should adjust, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Adam

Offline valimaties

Re: Editing Voice Voices
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
Reference Manual - Page 42 (Voice Edit display) explain "Sound page - EG (Envelope Generator) (pg. 43)", quote:

"EG - Attack - Determines how quickly the sound reaches its maximum level after the key is played. The lower the value, the quicker the attack."

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline acparker

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
Thanks Vali,

I thought I read through that section.  I guess I suffered from information overload and missed that bit.

Adam

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
Select the Voice, then open VOICE SET... Tab to the Sound Controllers page.  You will see the Attack Rate and many other parameters you can adjust.  Once you get the Voice to sound the way you want you can save it as a "User Voice" to the keyboard User Drive or to your USB drive.  I have a folder on my USB drive named Voices.  Inside this folder I created more folders with different categories of sounds.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 04:26:54 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html