Author Topic: Recording  (Read 14486 times)

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
Recording
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »
When I like to use the recording function to play a voice  into a midifile, my PSR3000 chooses standard channel 1 to record to. Is it possible to choose another channel? And how can I do that
Thanks if you can help me

Offline DrakeM

Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
You can record in any channel. Just make sure the channel is empty. Should be channels (1-8 ).
Hold down the REC button down. Then look below your main BIG screen, there you will see 2 rows of buttons (1 thru 8 ). Select any of the TOP buttons for channels (1-8). The bottom row is for channels (9-16). After selecting one from the top row, you will then see a drop down window menu. Select what you want to record in the channel. (ie Right voice, Left voice ..)

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:29:38 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »
Thanks for the response, but your solution seems not to work on my KB. when I choose one of the top row eg. channel2 and I try to add a flute for example to the midifile, nothing is recorded.
I switch off all other channels except the one I like to record to.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
The steps will work on your keyboard. I can't tell from what you posted that you did wrong, not enough detail.

Are you able to record in channel #1 ( the default) ?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
From Drake's answer..

"you will then see a drop down window menu. Select what you want to record in the channel. (ie Right voice, Left voice")

This is really important. When you select a record channel, it defaults to listening to one of e.g, R1, R2, multipad 4 etc. So if you are playing your flute part on voice R1, you must make sure the record channel is listening to R1.

Genos