Author Topic: Playing styles directly from USB on Genos ?  (Read 7576 times)

Offline amgamod

Playing styles directly from USB on Genos ?
« on: October 23, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »
Hello,

I just received my Genos and I'm totally new to this great keyboard.

I have a USB stick with Styles on it organized in folders a friend gave me, I plugged the stick in the Genos.

How can I load / play directly a style from inside any of the folders ?

Step by step instructions would be great as I can't find anything in the Genos manual.

Thanks for your help.

Offline mikf

Re: Playing styles directly from USB on Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »
I assume it’s the same as my CVP - when you select styles you will see icons along the top showing the various storage mediums. Just select the usb stick. Everything on the usb will then jump up on the screen.
Mike

Offline amgamod

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:54 PM »
Pressed the styles button on the panel of the Genos.

I pressed USB on the left of the Style screen and can see the folders on the right,

don't know what to do from now to enter the folder and play what is inside directly.

I see the file menu where I can select a folder from the USB stick and copy it into the User memory of the Genos,
but I don't know how to enter directly a folder from the USB stick, see its content and play a style.

On my previous korg pa4x when you are on a folder there is a Open button on screen, I don't see the equivalent in the Genos.

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »
You just press the folder on the screen to enter that folder.  The Korg way to touch the "Open" on-screen button is cumbersome.  On Genos, you just have to touch the folder to get in.

To play a style in the folder, just press on the style you want and it gets loaded.  Press the big white "Home" button on the right to get back to the Home screen and you can see the style already loaded.  Then you can start playing with the style.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:10:19 PM by zionip »

Offline amgamod

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 07:57:25 AM »
Got it ! Many thanks Zionip ;-)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
amgamod,

Playing styles and MIDI song files is different than playing audio files.  With .WAV or MP3 files, the files are "streamed" from the USB drive or User Drive.  But the MIDI/style files or "loaded" into the keyboard memory first and then play from that memory location.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html