Author Topic: Style file lost.  (Read 8290 times)

Robfind

Style file lost.
« on: October 23, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »

Hello my friends,a bit upset and I need your help again.For the past 2 weeks I've been building my MUSIC finder with my favorite style all the ones already in s975 plus the ones from Joe plus some from y'all.So out of about 10,000 I picked 183 that I would likely use once I get going.
Well this morning I got set up went back to the MUSIC finder favorites the first I picked that I had renamed You belong to me we'll a big warning came up STYLE FILE LOST.

SO I tried a couple more and same thing.Please tell me what I did wrong and can it be corrected.
Thanks
Bob

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Style file lost.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
Hi Bob,

Firstly, bear in mind that Music finder records do not actually contain a style.  They only contain links to where the style file was stored when you made the record which lets them find and load the style when you select a record. 

The 'Style File Lost' message usually occurs with external, 'User' (non preset) styles that were stored in USER or USB drive at the time that the MFD record was made, and it is telling you that it can no longer find the style file at it's original storage location (drive/folder).  The message would be less traumatic if it said something like 'Style Link Lost' or better still 'Style not found at expected location'.

This can occur when for example you change the name of the actual style file itself or the folder that it is stored in, or move the file to a different drive/folder after making a MFD record.  Unless you also change the relevant MFD record to reflect the new file details, the error message will be produced when you select that record.

The other common way this error is generated is if the style concerned is stored on a USB stick which is not currently connected to the keyboard.  In this case all that you need to do is to connect the USB and the MFD links will work again.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Robfind

Re: Style file lost.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
Thank you Ian for taking the time
Bob.