Author Topic: Using Genos styles with VST voices  (Read 3573 times)

Adagio

Using Genos styles with VST voices
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »
Hi,

I have hooked up my Genos to my PC using the USB to host connection and have set up my VST Pianos (Ivory II, Garritan CFX) to be played via the Genos.
I have set the local control on the RH1 part to off so that just the VST voice plays and not the Genos voice. This works fine and i much prefer the Garritan CFX sound to the Genos CFX grand piano  :)

However, when i select a Genos style to accompany the VST piano voice I get additional random piano notes being played. I am guessing this is due to the Midi transmit settings and I have tried selecting alternative profiles from the standard midi templates (eg Keyboard controller 1) but cant seem to get rid of the random piano notes when the style plays.

The line outputs from my Genos go straight to my Yamaha DXR10's and the outputs from my PC go via a Steinberg USB audio interface also to the DXR 10's.

Any ideas what Midi settings I need to use?

Thanks

Bachus

Re: Using Genos styles with VST voices
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »
Hi,

I have hooked up my Genos to my PC using the USB to host connection and have set up my VST Pianos (Ivory II, Garritan CFX) to be played via the Genos.
I have set the local control on the RH1 part to off so that just the VST voice plays and not the Genos voice. This works fine and i much prefer the Garritan CFX sound to the Genos CFX grand piano  :)

However, when i select a Genos style to accompany the VST piano voice I get additional random piano notes being played. I am guessing this is due to the Midi transmit settings and I have tried selecting alternative profiles from the standard midi templates (eg Keyboard controller 1) but cant seem to get rid of the random piano notes when the style plays.

The line outputs from my Genos go straight to my Yamaha DXR10's and the outputs from my PC go via a Steinberg USB audio interface also to the DXR 10's.

Any ideas what Midi settings I need to use?

Thanks

Its still a bummer, the Genos does not support audio over usb..
This would make integration of pc and ipad stuff so much more easy