Author Topic: Changing volume of individual part in a style  (Read 6882 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Changing volume of individual part in a style
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »
Hi,

I am having this huge problem of being unable to change volume of only one section of style on my GENOS. If I change volume of Drumkit in MAIN A, the volume changes in Drumkit  of all rest three -MAIN B MAIN C and MAIN D.

I almost tried everything but failed. Checked the manual but unable to figure it out. Searched the Forum but somehow missing the answer.

So so frustrating. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. How to change the volume of only one Part

I understand that the same can be achieved through software on PC but I want to do it while sitting on my GENOS. Am not sure how I did it on my T3 but it was there for sure. Just not able to figure out how to do it on GENOS

Regards

Anand

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline panos

Re: Changing volume of individual part in a style
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »
i guess Genos works like the other models so have the style playing while you make the change of the volume.

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
When you mix Style and then enter Style Creator, the changes will affect to all Part in Style.
But if you first enter Style Creator and then activate the mixer with Direct Access + Variation B, the change will only affect Variation B. The Direct Acces + Variation C changes only the Variation C ...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:29:25 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
I have a family outing this morning and will be back later today and post a more direct way to quickly work your way through all the parts of the style. Once into the the screen you simply select what part you want to tweak, then move on to the next section of the style.

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
Thanks a lot Ckobu for replying. Will try that once I reach home for SURE. Tried almost two hours yesterday figuring this out but failed.

@DrakeM - would be waiting for your reply.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Anand

Online ckobu

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 03:32:05 PM »
At speed I made a video and put it on my video channel.
It's really easy but it's a little strange why such things are not an explanation in the manual.
In the same way we can act on all other features within one Style.

https://youtu.be/WGQiqFzWxYk
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 03:43:54 PM »
Select the style and then go to Style creator. Select the variation you want to work on and select the Drum track. Now from Menu select Mixer. Adjust the volume to what you want.
 Once done press save as User style and give it a name.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:27:31 PM by EileenL »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 01:13:15 AM »
Here are the full steps:

Function (J)
Digital Rec Menu (F)
Style Creator (B)
Mixing Console (button on the lower left of screen)
HIT - Mixing Console (button again)
Now you can adjust anything here on the screen and only this MAIN section of the style is changed.
EXIT
TAB to the right once
SAVE (J)

That's it.

Or you can jump to any or all of the other style parts (intros, endings, fill-ins, break and Mains) and make adjustments to each one. After you make all the individual changes to each section you can then EXIT and SAVE everything at the same time.

The thing you were doing different was you were selecting the Mixing Console without going into the STYLE CREATOR. As you found out that is the way you can adjust the whole style at one time.  ;)

Regards
Drake

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:21:35 AM by DrakeM »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »
On Genos it is slightly different.

Online ckobu

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
In my previous post on the video I set up, everything is explained in three steps.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »
In my previous post on the video I set up, everything is explained in three steps.  ;)

I have had no problems  doing this and have done it to some 200 styles But thanks for the excellent explanation.  Tweaking style parts I, A B C D, E is very useful even with preset styles not to mention styles you take from other sources.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »
When you mix Style and then enter Style Creator, the changes will affect to all Part in Style.
But if you first enter Style Creator and then activate the mixer with Direct Access + Variation B, the change will only affect Variation B. The Direct Acces + Variation C changes only the Variation C ...

Thanks a lot. Really helped me.

Warm Regards

Anand