Author Topic: USB query - help! (Now answered thank you)  (Read 3703 times)

Rumney

USB query - help! (Now answered thank you)
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:42:45 AM »
So I have tried to import a midi file via USB without success.

I have an Apple iMac and a Genos. I have downloaded a midi file from the Yamaha Musicsoft store onto my iMac. I have inserted a USB pen drive into my Genos (top right USB) and formatted it. I have connected the pen drive to my iMac and copied over the midi file and I have confirmed that the file transferred correctly. I have returned the pen drive to my Genos and then gone into the Genos System menu. I can see the USB drive, which is shown as USB 2, but the drive is showing as empty.

Note: There is another USB drive showing (USB 1) but this is a store fitted internally connected drive that contains files provided by the instruments supplier. These file are accessible and work correctly.

What am I doing wrong  :-\
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:16:20 AM by Rumney »

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: USB query - help!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »
Can you please send the Files?

I'll have a look at it.

Send 1 to test.
Norman.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Rumney

Re: USB query - help!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:15:12 AM »
Norman - Sorry to be a pain and thank you for your reply. I also posted this query to the Genos General section and it has been answered. My fault (should have read the manual). Now all sorted so no fault with the midi file - just the operator  ::)

Note to moderator - this is my first post on this forum and I apologise for posting the same question in two different sections - which I will not repeat  :-[
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:19:26 AM by Rumney »