Author Topic: Genos Speakers  (Read 10747 times)

Mike2

Genos Speakers
« on: October 12, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »
This is a pretty good price for these speakers if someone is looking for some.

https://adyty.com/yamaha-gnsms01-speaker-pack-for-the-genos-workstation-p-591.html

gerarde

Re: Genos Speakers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:55:51 PM »
The site looks like it is a scam.
The prices are too good and many below cost. lol

Gerard

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
I checked their payment methods, no paypal.   If they accepted Paypal i would buy because of Paypal warranty.

Otherwise, be careful.

is this company from USA ?

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Mike2

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »
This is the home page. Contact info at the bottom. I cannot find anything online about this being a scam.
But the prices a very low.

https://adyty.com/

Offline browzer

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »

No contact phone number.
No contact address or head office
No way to contact other than email
Credit card payments online only.

I can't find anything about this company other than their own link, not one review and yet appear to have a huge catalogue of gear with everything they sell under priced.

Got to be a scam or they would not be so secretive. My advice would be to steer clear.

Ronnie
Genos

Offline Jay B.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »
Please note at the bottom of the page that they are owned by or related to "Guitar Center." Other than that, can't quickly find any info on this e-tailer.

Mike2

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:02:11 PM »
I found this link. There is a contact number, if this helps.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/music-castle-royal-oak

gerarde

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »
Mike2,

That is not the same Music Castle as the one for all the deals.
And I think they put in copyright guitar center to appear more legit.

Gerard

Mike2

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 09:31:35 PM »
Yes...doesn't look like it's real...I'm not buying anything, when I first saw the price for those Genos speakers, well I thought, pretty good price for someone looking to buy these.
But, if anyone reads this, I hope they just don't take any chances, be safe. When something looks to good to be real, it usually is.

Thanks, Gerard

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 01:46:06 AM »
This is copied (below) from their website Q/A . . . .  funny (or sad ?)  that they even have an procedure if your order never arrives . . . . . contact customer service . . . .  no phone number, no address,

7. Q:   
What should I do if my order never arrived?

A:   
Be sure that all of your orders have shipped already. If your order displays your package on the tracking website has been sent, and you don't receive it in 2 weeks; please contact customer service for assistance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline AlBags

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »

NO NO

That is amateurish site with some 'chinese' or similar grammar, and not to nbe trusted as
main credentials are not shown.

AVOID!
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
AVOID!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline markstyles

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
don't know anything about this company.. Usually if it's too good to be true, then it isn't true.  I find more and more sites, are removing their phone number, email address, and physical address from their site..  You have to fill in a support ticket.. They don't want to waste man power on phone calls, tech support, or are just scams.

I write them and tell them I will not be making any purchases, because of their 'hiding themselves'.   I have bought several pieces of DAW software plug-ins, that do this 'hiding trick now'..  Several of them take an average of days, back-forth to iron out a problem, which could have been handled by a 5 minute phone call.

Let them know they won't be getting any of your business, and you are going to post their  polices on KVR an other sites too.  The only justice these days seems to be bad publicity, and the threat of a lawsuit..  Cause most people will swallow a $$$ loss, instead of going thru all the aggravation to get the situation rectified. 

I'm not going to spend 6 support tickets, and several days of aggravation, over $50 situation,  I'm too stress out all ready..

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »
All the REAL music sites have their company info(VAT Number, Addresses, etc ... )
ie: Thomann's info data page
     Bonners (look down in page)

You can easily verify the existence of the company, if it active on market, and all their data.

There are a lot of "beautiful" sites which gives very low costs for a lot of items (music, sports, etc) but this is what WE have to think about, that that big price difference is not true.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
That is amateurish site with some 'Chinese' or similar grammar, and not to be trusted as main credentials are not shown.
Agreed. As a technical writer, I can tell you this site is a total fraud written by idiots who think we're just as stupid. It's about as annoying as the bogus morons who phone me from some country outside Canada, wanting to access my computer because there is something wrong with it. I have a field day with those idiots!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.