Author Topic: Drum Expansion  (Read 8302 times)

kemo

Drum Expansion
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »
Just a quick question,

I purchased an expansion drum kit from Dynamix for my T5 2 years ago and I'm wondering is there anyway I can convert the .UVD and UVI files for use on a recently purchased PSR s970? The Drum kit is Vulgur Drums
I've contacted Dynamix but unfortunately I've had no response, and don't feel I have to repurchase as Im only using said drums on my backup Keyboard.

Many Thanks

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Drum Expansion
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:28:56 PM »
There should be no need to obtain a new version of the pack.

You should be able to use the 'Import Pack' function in the 'My Packs' section of the screen in YEM to directly import the existing pack if you have the UVI library file in the folder containing the UVDs, and it should then assign the same program change numbers to the voices as they were in Tyros.

Alternatively you can create a new, empty pack in YEM (Create Pack), or select an existing drum pack in YEM, and then select this pack and use the 'Import Content' function in  the lower, pack details part of the screen to import the UVD files into it.

Regards

Ian

kemo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »
Hi Ian, thank you for your response. Anytime I tried through YEM my files are greyed out and cannot be selected. I'll give it another go as suggested and update you on my progress.

Kind Regards

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
Hi kemo,

When you say 'Anytime I tried through YEM my files are greyed out and cannot be selected' do you mean that the UVD files are 'greyed out' in the selection list that appears when you use YEM to import a pack?

If this is the case, then it is because individual 'UVD' files are regarded as content by YEM and are not included in the list of file types to import as a pack.  The 'UVI' file type is included in the list so you should be able to select this and the pack along with the associated UVDs should be imported. (actually I've realised that UVDs or UVNs won't be listed at all from this selection box)!

However if you mean that the UVD files are 'greyed out' in the selection list that appears when you use 'Import Content' to import them into an existing or newly created pack, then I'm not sure what is going on because as far as I know, you should be able to do this!

If instead of any of the above, you mean that you have been able to import the pack into YEM, but the 'check mark' (Tick) in the pack icon is 'greyed out' when you select an 'Install Target' to make a '.PPI' to install to your keyboard, then you should be able to 'click' on the pack icon and the check mark should turn green, listing voices/content from that pack in the lower part of the screen and allowing you to select them to include in the PPI.

Regards

Ian

kemo

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
Yes same thing happens when I import content to YEM. I choose my instrument under install target and the files turn grey, leaving me unable to create a pack install file. Strange??

There are only 3 files
1 vulgar drums dry. Uvd
2. vulgar drums wet. Uvd
3. Vulgar drums. Uvi
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:39:42 PM by kemo »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:07:08 PM »
Hi kemo,

Have you tried left clicking on the actual check mark of the pack? 

It may well be grey unless it was included in the previous install pack that you made.  However it should turn green when you click on it allowing you to select the voices to include in the PPI!

I apologise if you are familiar with YEM and have already tried to do this!

Regards

Ian

ob7914

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 12:26:55 AM »
As far as I know UVD files can only be used with tyros , not PSR (Yamaha restriction)

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 04:16:34 AM »
Kemo
For .UVD  you can not use " Import Pack" in YEM.
You have to use the command "Create Pack" .
In the pack 001 , click on + , select "Import Content"
Then you can select all the .uvd to Yem.
It has been change for YEM  v 2.5.2
.UVI is  a pack >>>>> you can use  " Import Pack" in YEM.
.uvd is not a pack, you have to follow the  above instructions.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:28:43 AM by deepsae48 »

kemo

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:53 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for your support. I think the files unfortunately are not comparable with my Psr as they include more than one wave firm, hence them being greyed out when I go to create the pack install file through YEM.

Kindest Regards

bmarcill

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »

hello

i can convert  the uvd in uvn.

if you  want post the drums

ben