Author Topic: Registration Bank and file midi. It is possible....  (Read 15602 times)

Ullo

Registration Bank and file midi. It is possible....
« on: October 08, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
Hello everyone. As you know I'm trying to learn how to use Genos but I've found that besides being a musician you have to be an electronic engineer! Anyway, I have a question about the Registration Bank. Is it possible to store a midi file in a Registration Bank in addition to the various parameters of the style, Multipad, OTS etc ....? :o

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Bank and file midi. It is possible....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
Hello everyone. As you know I'm trying to learn how to use Genos but I've found that besides being a musician you have to be an electronic engineer! Anyway, I have a question about the Registration Bank. Is it possible to store a midi file in a Registration Bank in addition to the various parameters of the style, Multipad, OTS etc ....? :o

Yes.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Ullo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:59:29 PM »
Thanks Fred... I'll try to study....

Ullo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
Hi Fred ... I saw the videos and I really have to congratulate you, you're a myth! Can I ask you one last question please?
I prepared the Registration and I entered the midi. But how do I insert the syncro command? That is, how can I tell Genos to start midi and style at the same time? It's possible? Many thx in advance

Ullo

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »
Wow !! I discovered and learned one more thing! Use of the pedal !! Thank you! For the moment I solved!
Cheers! ;D ;D ;D :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
Hi Fred ... I saw the videos and I really have to congratulate you, you're a myth! Can I ask you one last question please?
I prepared the Registration and I entered the midi. But how do I insert the syncro command? That is, how can I tell Genos to start midi and style at the same time? It's possible? Many thx in advance

Is the style that's not starting?

If so, you need to re-memorize the registration, making sure SyncStart is flashing.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Ullo

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
Hi Fred and Hi to all. I'm here to bother all of you as usual.

Below are my actions to set the parameters that will allow me to manage an event:

1- I have assigned to the FOOT PEDAL 1 the function PLAY/STOP of the midi file. It works but does not retain the assignment of the command which I gave to it;

2 - In song settings, I set the Style Syncro Stop to OFF. It does not work. If I start the style and then I press the foot pedal to start the midifile, the style stops.

Finally I'm trying to figure out how to save all the settings in a single file as you do in the video. Genos is slightly different and I can not.
I am really confused.... as I said sooner or later I'll break the Genos with a hammer
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:54:01 PM by Ullo »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
Below are my actions to set the parameters that will allow me to manage an event:

1- I have assigned to the FOOT PEDAL 1 the function PLAY/STOP of the midi file. It works but does not retain the assignment of the command which I gave to it;

2 - In song settings, I set the Style Syncro Stop to OFF. It does not work. If I start the style and then I press the foot pedal to start the midifile, the style stops.

Finally I'm trying to figure out how to save all the settings in a single file as you do in the video. Genos is slightly different and I can not.
I am really confused.... as I said sooner or later I'll break the Genos with a hammer

Why bother using the pedal?

If you set up the registration properly, both the midi and the style will start when you press a chord in the left hand.

Before you worry about registrations, get the setup you want working manually. Load the midi. Press SyncStart. Now press a chord. Both the midi and the style should start.

When you get this working, then set it up again, and memorize it to a registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Ullo

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
Thanks for everything Fred. I understood the procedure but unfortunately it is not suitable for my purpose. I wanted to start with two measures of style played and then thanks to the pedal or a button to start the song midi. But this can not happen to what it seems. I must say that the Genos is a beautiful keyboard but very complicated. Too many problems and too many settings. But now we have to keep it so I only hope that Yamaha implements the firmware and changes many things. Now my huge problem has become the MIDI interface. I move to the appropriate board. Thanks again, you are really kind and helpful. I hope I can repay you but I think it's very difficult.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
Thanks for everything Fred. I understood the procedure but unfortunately it is not suitable for my purpose. I wanted to start with two measures of style played and then thanks to the pedal or a button to start the song midi. But this can not happen to what it seems. I must say that the Genos is a beautiful keyboard but very complicated. Too many problems and too many settings. But now we have to keep it so I only hope that Yamaha implements the firmware and changes many things. Now my huge problem has become the MIDI interface. I move to the appropriate board. Thanks again, you are really kind and helpful. I hope I can repay you but I think it's very difficult.

So why don't you do exactly what you said? Why do you over-complicate things?

1. Start the style.
2. Two bars later, start the midi (with the play button).

Why doesn't this work for you?

If this was me, I'd put the style in one registration, then the midi in the next. But I would get it working manually first, before I tackled the registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 07:16:43 AM »
Ullo, you could also try inserting two empty in the beginning of the MIDI file (using an editor on your PC) so you can start the style and MIDI at the same time.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)