Author Topic: Adding Tranpose key to song titles.  (Read 5025 times)

Lloyd E

Adding Tranpose key to song titles.
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:34:43 PM »
I have been adding the transpose key to all the songs I have in my Genos. Since I play mostly in one key I have transposed my songs in different keys, adding the transposition to the song title. After adding the tranpose key to the song title by renaming
them I save them to the registration.

After doing this and going back to them sometimes they do not show the transposition keys. Other times they show up as
they should with the info. I have given them. Why is this so and sometimes only a few are missing the info.  Clue me in please !     
                                                                                                                                          Lloyd

Offline mikf

Re: Adding Tranpose key to song titles.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »
I wonder if the titles are becoming too long. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by transposition keys or ‘songs’, - are these midis or styles with song titles. Are you just adding the key you are singing them in eg Misty Eb. Or are you playing everything in C and titling ‘Misty +3’ to move it into Eb?
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 11:23:24 PM »
I would check the file names using a PC. You'll be able to see the complete name there, which will guide you to the problem. It's either you didn't save the name properly, or there's not enough room do display the name on the screen.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Lloyd E

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply Fred. The titles being too long may be the answer so I will look into this. Lloyd