Author Topic: Registration & Mpad  (Read 4853 times)

Registration & Mpad
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
Hia all,

I'm a newbie with the Tyros and I am just fathoming out how to use registrations to switch on and off parts of a song as i'm playing, Now I have worked out how to set up a Multipad to play when a Registration is selected, but cannot work out how to switch them off when selecting another registration. Is this possible?

thanks

Steve V
Retired IT

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration & Mpad
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
I'm a newbie with the Tyros and I am just fathoming out how to use registrations to switch on and off parts of a song as i'm playing, Now I have worked out how to set up a Multipad to play when a Registration is selected, but cannot work out how to switch them off when selecting another registration. Is this possible?

It’s possible. The secret is to replace the pad with another one. If all you want is for the pad to stop, then replace it with a pad that does nothing. You can either make your own, or search this forum for "padstopper" to find one others have created.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
Ahhh I see! thanks Fred, it seems pretty obvious now that your shown me how lol

Appreciate the fast reply :)

Steve V 
Retired IT

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »
I wrote an article on how to do this.  Click on the link below in my signature to read the article and download the files.  There are registrations included plus the Pad Stopper file.  Don't concern yourself with the EDM emphasis... the technique works for all kinds of music.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:20:42 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
Awesome, thanks Joe :)

Steve
Retired IT