Author Topic: Routing when using T4 as solo piano  (Read 3383 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Routing when using T4 as solo piano
« on: October 07, 2018, 12:47:15 AM »
When using Tyros as a solo piano instrument, I have found some hard to describe weirdness in the way it performs. I can only give a partially adequate picture of my negative impression. Tyros seems very uneven, lower range seems louder.. playing with eq does not take away sufficiently the weirdness. It is more than this louder in lower range issue, there are other weirdnesses as well.
I have rarely experienced this unevenness in other keyboards. The Tyros is fine when used as it was designed, as an arranger, one man band set up. But in solo mode it underperforms. I am hoping there is something I am overlooking to make the experience more tolerable.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

The following users thanked this post: Mikk

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Routing when using T4 as solo piano
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 01:24:20 AM »
Do you have ACMP off?
Is it your split points causing the problem?
Is it a particular piano voice, or all of them?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jwyvern

Re: Routing when using T4 as solo piano
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:07 AM »
After powering on, a piano voice is loaded by default into R1 and should play uniformly across the whole keyboard.  If you have not just powered on but want to get back to playing uniform full keyboard turn both ACMP and Left voice off (with a single piano voice loaded in R1, 2 or 3).
If you must have ACMP on because you need a style running, then change the Fingering to Full Keyboard (but leave Left voice off) and once again the piano should play uniformly.
John

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss