Author Topic: Where is it?  (Read 5479 times)

Aussiejean

Where is it?
« on: October 06, 2018, 03:36:15 AM »
I am trying to help a friend with this keyboard, a PSR-E453. I have a PSR-S970, so am not familiar with her model. I cannot find a way of shifting the octave in the right hand when playing with the split. Is there an octave shift button somewhere hiding from me? Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated. Jean.

SeaGtGruff

Re: Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:40:20 AM »
Use the FUNCTION button to go into the menu, then use the CATEGORY buttons to scroll through the functions until you see the M.Octave function. Then you can use the plus and minus keys to shift the octave up or down between -2 and 2. There is also a D.Octave function for the Dual voice (R2 to you), and an S.Octave function for the Split voice. In addition to those three octave-shift functions there is the Transpose function which can be from -12 to 12, so you can transpose the entire keyboard up to an octave in either direction, then shift each of the three voices up to an additional two octaves in either direction.

Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply. I have not got the keyboard here, but I am sure that it will solve her problem. So good to have such help at hand.Cheers. Jean.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
The PSR-E models are very menu-driven due to their small "dedicated" LCD screens rather than bit-mapped screens, so you must go into the Function menu for just about everything.

Perhaps the fastest way to get to the M.Octave function will be to hold down the DUAL button until the D.Voice function is displayed, then use the CATEGORY buttons to go backwards from there, which will take you through the various Main voice functions in reverse order-- M.Reso, M.Cutoff, M.Releas, M.Attack, etc.-- until you get to M.Octave. It might be quicker to go to one of the functions that are in front of the Main voice settings, but I can't remember which one that can be direct-accessed by holding down a button would be closest to the Main voice functions.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
It looks like the fastest route is to hold down the ACMP button until the SplitPnt function appears, then go forward from there.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
Is it not possible to use registrations on the E models?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Fantomas

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
You can use registratrions, this will record octave setting as well.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:06:05 PM »
Yes, but before you can save Registrations that have different octave settings, you must first know how to get to the octave settings. ;)

Fantomas

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 09:03:47 PM »
Yes of course, your explanation about this was perfectly clear ;)

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 10:25:13 PM »
I was actually responding to Toril. :)

The idea to save different Registrations which are identical to each other except for their octave settings, so one could use the four Registration buttons to pick the octave shift, is a good one.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 11:07:20 PM »
Yes, easier than going into the menu every time :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page