Author Topic: What stand is this?  (Read 15181 times)

Offline Yinon

What stand is this?
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:22:13 AM »
Hi All,

Which company makes/sells this stand?
Looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWBnA45VNac&index=10&list=PL7vKRoGHr0whrzsbkcKlhbU3xt1HGDb-w

Thanks

Offline Al Ram

Re: What stand is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 02:02:18 AM »
i agree . . .  the stands not only looks good.

Apparently, in addition to the Genos keyboard it can also support mic boom and support for iPad.

Trying to look on internet for it but could not find it.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Yinon

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Found it.

It's a stand by Jasper (German manufacturer).

See picture below.

The main problem is that it is discontinued.
Too bad ... :-(

I would get one ...
Thoughts?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:04:06 AM »
Not sure that would be the same model as the one in your first link.

The picture looks very different than the video.

I left a comment on the video asking for info on the stand .. . . .

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 05:05:47 AM »
I don't like any of these with a cross, or X stand, base. Not enough room for pedals.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 05:30:44 AM »
Not sure that would be the same model as the one in your first link.

The picture looks very different than the video.

I left a comment on the video asking for info on the stand .. . . .

thanks

Hi Al,

Yinon's picture is the Jaspers KSV-2B, B stands for Black.

The keyboard stand used in the Youtube video of Livemusik "ZWO" is Jaspers KSV-2S, S stands for Silver anodised aluminum.

A Korg arranger keyboard tutorial guy published this Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCR56K4hE8A in 2016 about his 'perfect' Jaspers KSV-2B keyboard stand with all the accessories, very versatile, but the second tier is fixed, cannot be tilted.

Both the Jaspers KSV-2 keyboard stands were already discontinued.

KeyboardByBiggs pointed out the 'weakness' of this keyboard, the X base does not leave enough room for pedals.  Usually Z, A-frame, or table type keyboard stands allow much more room for pedals.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
KeyboardByBiggs
thanks for your comment.  You are right the X type does no have enough room for pedals.  Although for me that is no issue because i do not use pedals.

Paul
thanks a lot for your effort in finding the Jaspers models.  They seemed to be discontinued, so, i guess the Jaspers are a mood point now.

The reason this stand got my attention was because in the first video posted here by Yinon, the stand seems to have two attachments on each side.  One for the mic boom and another one for an iPad holder. 

At home I have a very sturdy stand that can accommodate two keyboards and I am ok at home.  No issues.

My issue is when playing outside home.   I am trying to reduce the number of items/load to carry with me.   Currently, i have an iPad Pro 12.9 inches mounted on an iPad holder attached to a microphone stand.   I also have another microphone stand for the microphone.    So, in addition to everything else, i carry two mic stands.

When i saw Yinon video i thought, this could reduce my load by eliminating two mic stands by attaching the iPad holder and mic boom to the stand itself.

When playing outside home, i carry an X type keyboard stand that is very light and easy to setup. It folds really easy.   I play and sing standing up and use no pedals, so my current X keyboard stand is good for me, so i was just looking to see if another stand could help me in reducing my load. 

Thanks a lot.  Your time is really appreciated.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Yinon

Offline zionip

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »
Hi Al,

If you gig with just one keyboard, the K&M 18990 single-tier X keyboard stand could be what you are after to eliminate two mic stands:
https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Keyboard-stands/X-stands/18990-Keyboard-stand-Rick-black

At Amazon, the K&M 18990 keyboard stand costs $104.99:
https://www.amazon.com/K-M-Keyboard-Stand-Rick/dp/B000NU4LT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538899186&sr=8-1&keywords=K%26M+18990+keyboard+stand

You can then order two of these K&M 18944 universal holders to attach to the back of the above X stand, one for mic, and one for your iPad Pro 12.9 holder for mic stand:
https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Keyboard-stands/X-stands/18944-Universal-holder-black

It is difficult to source any K&M 18944 universal holders in U.S.  You can order from Thomann Music for about $22.20 each, plus $34.50 shipping from Germany to U.S. for a total cost of $78.90:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/km_18944_universal_holder.htm?M%2018944_438152_0_1_2fc67480-0a3d-4e3d-be21-c93684ea3b54=undefined

A cheaper solution is to purchase an On Stage KS8291XX Pro Double X Keyboard Stand ($63.55):
https://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS8291XX-Double-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B0002F6JGW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538900482&sr=8-3&keywords=onstage+x+keyboard+stand

Then buy two of these On-Stage KSA7575+ u-Mount Mic Attachment Bar for Keyboard Stands ($13.95 each) to attach to the above X stand, one for mic boom, another for your iPad Pro 12.9 holder for mic stand:
https://www.amazon.com/Stage-KSA7575-u-Mount-Attachment-Keyboard/dp/B016ZMDEVS/ref=sr_1_ (1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538900519&sr=8-1&keywords=onstage+x+keyboard+stand+mic+attachment

If you want to have maximum stability for your expensive Genos and want more than 2 accessories mounted, the K&M 18950/18953 table stand has it all (with 18954 adapters, 18944 universal holders, and 18815 Laptop holder):

If you play with two-keyboard setup, the K&M 18950/18930 table stand, with 18952 stacker for second tier support, 18954 adapters, 18944 universal holders, you can still have mic, iPad Pro 12.9 mounted to it:

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »
Hi Al

As Paul has said there are many options available. Have a look at the clip below.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlcErM3BRc
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
I love my stable K&M stand. It has the attached mic stand and computer/table shelf.

Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Yinon

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
WOW Paul!

Thanks for the time invested into this.
The on-stage combo looks like a great option.

Mr Biggs -
I use only sustain pedals for my 2 keyboards so no space issues.

Bill - Seems like the Gibraltar option takes time to assemble and carry ...

I'm a looking for a setup for gigging which should allow very quick and easy setup.

I do have the K&M Spider Pro.
It looks great and all HOWEVER recently I started feeling like it's is "hiding" me ...
I'm average hight (5'8) and Yes - I do play standing up ...still even with only the Genos on,  I have a pole between me and the audience ....

I think I will try the OnStage option Paul highlighted.

Thanks everyone for providing such great input.
I appreciate it.

Offline Tommy 73

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
Picked up one of these recently... quick setup... compact and Importantly sturdy https://youtu.be/pp0wnRrltGc

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:04:38 PM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »
Hi and thanks Yinon, Bill, Paul and KeyboardByBiggs

The information is very useful.

Some of the stands suggested are very good for home use.  I already have an extremely stable and sturdy Z type stand that easily takes two large keyboards.  So, at home i am ok. 

Looking for a portable and light solution.

Paul,
thanks for the in-depth research . . . . yes.  I love K&M products, however, they are difficult to get in the USA and based on previous experience customer service is good but too far away to be effective.

I like the On-stage solution and the attachments you suggested.   I do have an X stand ProLine PL400 which looks very similar to the On Stage KS8291XX Pro.  So, i will check with my local Guitar Center to see if they carry the OnStage attachments for iPad and mic boom.   If they do, i will buy them and try them on the ProLine stand that i have, they seem to fit.   If not then i will buy the On Stage KS8291XX Pro or return the attachments if i cannot make it work. 

My only concern is if the height of theOnStage attachments allow enough room for the Genos measurements which is about 6 inches in height and about 19 inches depth.

The height of the Genos about 6 inches plus the height of the iPad Pro holder, should be another 9 inches or so for a total of 15-16 inches.   The attachment should allow for 14-15-16 inches in height from the stand to the center of the iPad holder.   

The On-Stage support length attachment seems to be 14 inches.  So, it appears to be a good fit.  If not, there is an extension to make it even larger.

I guess the only way to find out is to buy the items and try them on.  That is why i will look for the items at my local Guitar Center.

Your ideas are excellent and a good starting point.   
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 01:36:36 AM »
I don't like any of these with a cross, or X stand, base. Not enough room for pedals.

How true and not only that,  if you want to use the X-type both sitting and standing and and are faily tall, you get into trouble at garden parties (instability and keyboard  support distance).  I have switched to the  K&M 18950. The Fun Generation Universal Stand is good if the maximum height is enough for you and you do not need to fix a mic boom.  At 1/3 the price it does have the receptable for a mic boom but there is no mic boom adaptor you can buy that fits into the receptable :(  , probably to make you buy the K&M 18950. At leat that was so some months ago.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline zionip

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 04:31:03 AM »
Hi Al and Yinon,

If you go for the On Stage route, please note that mounting microphone boom arm on the On-Stage KSA7575+ u-Mount Mic Attachment Bar attached to your keyboard stand will extend the keyboard mechanical vibration / shock to your microphone when you play your keyboard.  You will need to purchase a microphone shock mount to reduce microphone shocks.  Otherwise, you will find that mounting a microphone on a keyboard stand is not a good idea.

A good example is the Shure A55M Shock Stopper for SM58, SM87, SM87A, BETA87A, BETA87C and all other 3/4 Inch and Larger Handles, which reduces transmission of mechanical noise and vibration by more than 20 decibels:
https://www.amazon.com/Shure-A55M-Stopper-BETA87A-BETA87C/dp/B0002GZOSA/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1538967628&sr=1-3&keywords=shure+microphone+shock+mount

Thanks,
Paul

DonM

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 05:30:21 AM »
RE: Jasper keyboard stands.
Since the 80s, I have using A-frame Ultimate Support stands.  I have three, one of which I made myself out of extra parts.  They were discontinued years ago and I don't know why because they are light, strong, infinitely adjustable...
Anyway I was looking for a part or two and while visiting the Jasper site, they have a couple of tube stands that look as if they are made from the same size tubing.  I order a couple of parts, so we'll see. 
They will ship from Germany.  Prices are reasonable.  I don't need the complete stand, just some spare parts.
My stands look a lot like this:
https://www.jaspers-alu.de/kids-2_6-2-tiers.html

Offline Paul B

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 01:17:38 PM »
If you are using an OnStage X style stand already, take a look at these adaptors from OnStage.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BoomMount--on-stage-stands-ksa7575-universal-keyboard-mic-attachment-bar

I use two of them (one on each side) to hold a mic stand and a IPad. I have used them for many many gigs and they go on and off easily and have made my setup/takedown much easier.

Hope this helps.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

PSR-SX900, Bose S1 Pro(2)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
Paul

thanks a lot.  I am considering 2 of these adapters. Just like you, one for iPad, one for mic boom.  I do have an X stand but it is not OnStage, it is a ProLine brand.   However, i think the onStage adapters may fit.  The inside hole in my stand is about one inch diameter.

Do you have any vibration issues with the mic on the adapters . . . . ?
what is the mic stand that you use with the adapter ?
Do you have an iPad pro 12.9 inches on the adapter  ?

would it be possible to get a picture of your setup with the adapters ?

thanks in advance.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Paul B

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
Al,
I have absolutely no vibration issues with this setup and I have used it even outdoors on some very uneven ground.
I am very partial to K&M equipment and the mic boom I use is from a K&M stand.
On the IPad side I use a mini OnStage boom with a AirTurn mount with a 12.9in IPad Pro. I decided that this was too big so I have since switched to a K&M mount and a standard IPad.
You may also notice that I added some industrial strength Velcro to the knobs of the adapters and that provides the mount for my front banners (I have a different design for every month as well as special occasions).
Hope this is helpful.

Paul B
Kenosha, WI

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »
Paul

Thanks a lot for the picture.  Great setup.  Very efficient.   

I like the idea of the mini OnStage boom for the iPad.  So, that will connect to the OnStage KSA7575 stand adapter . . . rigth ?   I play standing up, therefore the X is more narrow than when you play seated.    The min boom is a great idea to extend the lengt of the iPad to my right.   I already have a K&M mount for the iPad.  I really need the 12.9 size because of my vision.

The banners are great.  So, you produce them yourself ?

thanks a lot. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Paul B

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
The holder I used for the big ipad was from AirTurn. It worked very well for that device.
https://www.airturn.com/products/manos-universal-tablet-holder

As for the banners, I create the design (sometimes with the help of VistaPrints stock library) and the I use VistaPrint to produce them (wait for a sale!) I then use two pieces of wood lath (approximately 1”x1/4”x28”)and attach them to the top and bottom of the banner with foam mounting tape. Then a couple of pieces of strategically located industrial Velcro to match the position of the stand. I use a little bit longer piece of Velcro so that I can use the banners whether I am standing or sitting. Then they roll up easily for storage and they fit in the keyboard gig bag for gigs.

I don’t know anything about the OnStage stand adaptor but all the threads are standard so there should be no problems.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

DonM

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »
Just for information...I ordered some stand parts from Jasper.  Price was reasonable, but shipping pretty high, in fact more than the parts.
The good news is that the stand parts are mostly interchangeable with the old tube stands made years ago by Ultimate Support.
I'm still using the stands I bought in the 80's!  Now I can add an arm and/or mic holder.  I had several of the old stands but slowly used one of them for parts to make changes and build a completely "new" one that suits my needs. 
It's good to know that if I ever need another part, it is possible to get it. 

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 08:33:19 PM »
Thank you Paul and Don for the valuable info.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline dawn68

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »
I love my stable K&M stand. It has the attached mic stand and computer/table shelf.

Have pm'd you a message about your set up, hope that's ok.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »
great ideas !!!
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

SAM CA

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
I have the Dual Jasper stand. It's the best stand I've ever owned.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »
If you are using an OnStage X style stand already, take a look at these adaptors from OnStage.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BoomMount--on-stage-stands-ksa7575-universal-keyboard-mic-attachment-bar

I use two of them (one on each side) to hold a mic stand and a IPad. I have used them for many many gigs and they go on and off easily and have made my setup/takedown much easier.

Hope this helps.

Paul B

Paul
Per your recommendation and setup, I ordered two On-Stage KSA 7575.  This piece fits well on my keyboard.   I also ordered the On-Stage mini boom for my iPad. Just like in your picture.  I have not yet received the mini boom.

Looking at your picture, i notice what seems to be an intermediate piece between the KSA 7575 and the mic boom that you have.   I highlited that portion in the attached picture.

can you please confirm if this is a separate piece in addition to the KSA 7575 and your mic boom.  If so, what is that piece ?

Please see the attached picture with a red circle . . . . .

thanks in advance. 

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Paul B

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »
Al,

What you see are quick release adaptors that allow you to just snap off the boom from the stand adaptor. The one in the picture is from Gator.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GFWMICQRTOP--gator-frameworks-gfw-mic-qrtop-quick-release-mic-attachment

Since that picture was taken I have switched to units from Ultimate Support

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/QR1--ultimate-support-qr-1-quickrelease-adapter

I use these devices for two reasons. 1) convenience and speed for setup and tear down, and 2) it help protect the threads on the adaptors and mic stands. The fine thread is to easily damaged by cross threading.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Paul

thanks for your prompt reply. 

That seems like a great idea.  It appears that it also provides a couple of extra inches of reach/height to the boom . . . .

i will order soon.

thanks again and have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »
Paul B

thanks a lot for sharing the info with me.

I like the idea of the quick release device and order the Gator you used to have.  I also looked at the newer model you are using.  The only reason i order the Gator is because they were on sale at 3 for $40 and they also have good user reviews. 

I should get them in a few days.   

I am trying to replicate your setup.

thanks again . 

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Paul B

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 01:51:34 PM »
No problem Al,
Good luck with your setup.

Paul B
Paul B