Author Topic: Foot Pedals and Ensemble voices  (Read 8364 times)

Offline acparker

Foot Pedals and Ensemble voices
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:37:36 AM »
Is this a bug or a feature?

Normally, I have pedal 1 set to fill-self, pedal 2 on sustain, and something on pedal three, probably volume, since I override it for Registration +.  I have found that if I choose an Ensemble voice, that it automatically changes the pedals such that Pedal 1 is now sustain, Pedal 2 is Harmony On/Off, and I didn't notice what pedal three is.  I tried 'freezing' the pedals, but choosing an ensemble voice still causes changes.

It's annoying me, because pedals were a global setting that I didn't save out with each registration ... but now to make sure the pedal stay the way I want I will have to go back and add them all in.  Has anybody else noticed this behaviour?

Offline EileenL

Re: Foot Pedals and Ensemble voices
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »
Ensemble is meant to do this. It will always select Pedal 2 for the harmony. Once you exit Ensemble your pedals will return back to where you had them. Very clever really.

Offline acparker

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 02:07:33 AM »
So, Feature, not a bug.  It's good to know that it will revert automatically as well.  That could be useful.  I'm still learning my way around the Genos.

Adam

PS.  In double speak, a 'bug' is an undocumented non-feature.  Or so I've heard.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:02:36 PM »
Definitely not a bug but a feature of Ensemble.

Offline terryB

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
Hi
I have discovered that if you save ensemble settings in a registration, the ensemble feature does not affect the pedals.

Cheers
Terry

Offline acparker

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »
Thanks, Eileen, for the information,
and
Thanks, Terry, I'll give that a try for the songs I need the pedal for other functions.

Adam

Offline terryB

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »
Hi, A bit more info on ensemble voices and pedals.
If you save a registration with ensemble voices selected, do not tick the save pedal box, otherwise the the registation remembers the pedal settings caused by selecting ensemble.
 Hope this helps
Cheers
Terry