Author Topic: Assigning ABCDEF Buttons on Genos ?  (Read 5683 times)

Reg

Assigning ABCDEF Buttons on Genos ?
« on: October 02, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
   I would like to assign the ABCDEF buttons on my Genos so they always remain at the same setting.  Is this possible?  Thank you.  Reg

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Assigning ABCDEF Buttons on Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 05:35:24 PM »
   I would like to assign the ABCDEF buttons on my Genos so they always remain at the same setting.  Is this possible?  Thank you.  Reg

They will remain the same, unless a registration changes them. To stop your registrations from changing these buttons, make sure Assignable Buttond is unchecked when you memorize your registrations.

You still might have the problem that any third party registrations you try out could change the assignment. Most of us solve this problem by creating a Setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way we want. You just load this registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Reg

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
Thank you Fred for your helpful information.  Regards, Reg

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
You want to use the 'freeze' function to stop registrations changing things.

MENU -> Regis Freeze -> Tick whatever you want to lock (in your case, assignable buttons)
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:07:35 AM »
You want to use the 'freeze' function to stop registrations changing things.

MENU -> Regis Freeze -> Tick whatever you want to lock (in your case, assignable buttons)

And, once you've done this, you must turn on Freeze (button to the right of R10) whenever you want it to be in effect.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Reg

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »
Thank you Derek and Fred for the additional information.  Reg

ldamkjar

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
They will remain the same, unless a registration changes them. To stop your registrations from changing these buttons, make sure Assignable Buttond is unchecked when you memorize your registrations.

You still might have the problem that any third party registrations you try out could change the assignment. Most of us solve this problem by creating a Setup registration which sets up the keyboard the way we want. You just load this registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred

Is it possible to actually decide which registration you want the Genos to load on start or will you have to do it manually?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »
Is it possible to actually decide which registration you want the Genos to load on start or will you have to do it manually?

Genos, like all Yamaha keyboards, will keep the registration that was loaded when you powered off.

Those of us who use setup registrations load them manually every time we power in.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ