Author Topic: Another Friday another song... :)  (Read 2790 times)

keynote

Another Friday another song... :)
« on: September 28, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »
Friday greetings to you! I had a hankering to record another song with vocals that are provided by a singer from a well known American band. His name is John Fogerty. I thought this song pretty much captures the essence of the original song by Creedence Clearwater Revival called "Born on the Bayou." All the music is from the Genos sound palette and if you would please pay particular attention to the guitars and the drums in the song. There is also a Fretless Bass that provides a nice rhythm. The guitars that were used were the S.Art WarmElectric the S.Art 60sTexasBlues the S.Art 60sShadowLead plus a Clean Guitar. The Drum kit is the Revo VintageOpenKit. Cellos were used to capture the intro to the song.

FYI, the words "rolling with some Cajun queen" refers to river boats that were used to traverse the bayou which are marshy outlets of lakes and rivers in the southern part of the United States. Also the words "don't let the man getcha" refers to alligators that live in the bayou and have been known to attack humans.

PS: I challenge anyone with a Korg Pa4x or a Ketron SD9 or any other arranger keyboard to try and replicate the quality of sound(s) of this song with a song of your choice. Competition is good and as we know authentic sounds are the most important part of any keyboard. Competition keeps the Big Three and the other keyboard manufacturers on their toes.  8) 

Born on the Bayou is located HERE. It's a rather large .wav file so it might take a while to load on the Box website. Enjoy and thanks for listening!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Mike 

Offline Mikk

Re: Another Friday another song... :)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »
Yes its a big file, 57.511 megs.  What format would you like the  sounds to be in? Wav, Mp3, Midi or  style. I will have a go at it on various keyboards,Korg  Kronos, Pa4x, technics KN7000, Roland FA-06, Tyros2 and 4 and a Casio XW-G1.

Will try to get rid of vocals first using  a Alesis Vocalist Playmate and a Alesis Vocal Zapper. (hardware) All the vocal reducing software I have tried doesn't do a very good job.

Then I will do some sampling to get wave sounds. 

this will take a while but,
this will be a good learning exercise for me.

Thank you  keynote, for the idea.
Mike L.

I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

keynote

Re: Another Friday another song... :)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
Hi Mike! If you'd rather cut down on the size of the file .mp3 would be ideal. Oh, and I really wanted people to stick with arranger keyboards if you don't mind.  8) PS: We seem to have quite a few Mikes on the forum. The more the merrier I always say.  ;)

Mike

The following users thanked this post: Mikk